Post Date: 11/28/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Director of Exhibit Production
$70,000 - $75,000 per year
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. The museum features five exhibit halls and eight science labs featuring hundreds of interactive exhibits and hands-on demonstrations, as well as residential camps and programs across the region. OMSI takes pride in its deeply rooted history of researching, designing and fabricating museum exhibits that educate, engage and delight audiences. Our expertise is grounded in research as we design concepts, test prototypes through to production. OMSI is dedicated to impacting and inspiring the next generation of STEAM (Science Technology Engineering Art & Math) innovators and our culture provides a great place to work while designing and producing quality products distributed to a nationwide market. Our mission is to excite children and families about learning, experimenting, and exchanging ideas to stimulate informed action. While many think of OMSI as a museum, we are so much more, serving audiences across five states with our programming and audiences around the country through our exhibits. We aspire to capitalize on OMSI’s high brand favorability to tell the story of OMSI’s impact and position the organization as a valuable asset to Oregon.
What you’ll do:
The Director of Exhibit Production (DEP) will work in an action oriented environment, manage multiple projects while embracing continuous improvement and innovative thinking. This role serves to develop a culture of continuous improvement, and encourages employee involvement to improve all processes. The DEP is also accountable for developing performance standards for measuring progress, managing manufacturing costs, including analyzing and appraising the effectiveness of all operations, and building a topnotch operations team with a passion for developing and delivering world-class products. This role is responsible for ensuring exhibit design, fabrication, and maintenance of highly interactive exhibits that ensures mechanical, electronic, software, and cabinetry are built to OMSI brand standards. The DEP supports development of new business opportunities including third-party sales and partnerships through timely and accurate estimating through conception and design documentation. This role also works with resource managers to support proposal development for private and federal funders and reports to the Vice President of Learning Experiences.
What you’ll need:
• Thorough knowledge of two- and three-dimensional design, including CAD
• Thorough knowledge of exhibit construction techniques, materials, production processes, and practices
• Experience with coordinating multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines
• Expertise in business and management principles involving strategic planning, resource allocation, production methods, coordination of people and resources in a manufacturing environment.
• Advanced knowledge of LEAN principles.
• Minimum 5years of experience in a related field with experience in a production environment
• Minimum 4 years of progressive program management, including staff supervision, multiple project management, and budget responsibility.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as a criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
We invite all applicants interested in impacting the community and our future generations to apply to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/292007.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes December 31, 2018.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/292007.html