Post Date: 04/03/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Central City Concern’s (CCC) Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland, Oregon (clinic and housing) that will give vulnerable people access to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
CCC is hiring employees to help lift this project to national prominence. Known for innovative programming already, CCC now moves toward a first-of-its-kind operating model (including key changes such as centralized intake and integrated care teams) in a more diverse community and a landscape of new potential community partners. About 40 percent of East Portland’s population are immigrants and from communities of color. We strive to be a true reflection of the community and design our services and teams to achieve a culturally responsive place for our clients.
Our innovative, comprehensive services focuses on the whole person and their well-being. Our guiding principles drive this work to be:
integrated; in collaboration with community partners
focused on diversity, equity and inclusion; and
sustainable for long-term success.
Join us in this innovative and impactful work! CCC values lived experience and multilingual individuals in its hiring practices. Training and advancement opportunities are embedded in our culture and staff members support one another in their professional endeavors.
TITLE: Pharmacy Technician I Courier
DEPARTMENT: Blackburn Center/Pharmacy
SALARY: $17.00-$18.70 Hourly
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that will offer integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
This position will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team at the Blackburn Center to deliver comprehensive, person-centered, integrated services to the Portland Eastside community. The pharmacy technician provides technical support to Pharmacists in the processing of prescriptions and maintenance of the Pharmacy Department. This position is aimed at individuals who have experience as a Pharmacy Technician. This position will also transport pharmaceuticals/prescriptions between the Blackburn Center and Old Town Clinic.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Current license with the Oregon State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician or must be able to obtain one before starting the job.
3. Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
4. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
5. Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
6. Must adhere to CCC policies and procedures.
7. Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
8. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in an on-going program of recovery with 2 years demonstrated level of sobriety.
9. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
10. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs