Post Date: 07/19/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
We are seeking a Supervisor for our Benefit Configuration team. This position is responsible for the leadership of the team that configures all benefits (including, but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, pharmacy etc.) into our core processing system. This includes definition, planning, design, development, improvement, integration and/or maintenance of the company’s benefits and products. Responsible for resource allocation, setting deadlines, and managing multiple priorities simultaneously. Assures that there is appropriate training and documentation for the team, and coaches staff to success in their positions.
1. Supervises a team of 10-15, coaching and mentoring individuals to success
2. Manages and tracks the flow of work from various channels, communicating expectations to requestors and management as appropriate
3. Sets priorities within the team, and monitors progress
4. Establishes departmental standards (quality, productivity, documentation etc.), and monitors results
5. Evaluates and modifies policies and processes, to assure the highest level of efficiency and quality outcomes
6. Leads staff through frequent and challenging changes in priorities and processes
7. Analyzes product business requirements, develops and evaluates alternatives, prepares proposals and design specifications for complex benefit configuration systems or applications to meet operations identified needs, goals, and metrics.
8. Evaluates proposals and recommendations for complex benefit configuration, considering cost/benefit and resources needed
9. Develops the configuration strategy and architecture, balancing business need and configuration sustainment efficiencies.
10. Evaluates and makes decisions about the design of solutions which result in efficient, accurate and quality configuration and maintenance of the company’s core and integrated systems.
11. Oversees the coding, testing, implementation and maintenance of benefit configuration systems to meet client needs.
12. Schedules resources, translates major client requirements into configuration modifications; develops, plans and schedules for major configuration projects to ensure client satisfaction.
13. Effectively communicates requirements, plans and schedules to business stakeholders.
14. Participates with key stakeholders and client in development of test plan and execution of testing configuration system changes/enhancements.
15. Analyzes and evaluates objectives, solves problems and develops requirements and proposals for configuration systems and applications.
16. Development of new configuration/analysis concepts and improvement of existing techniques.
17. Ensures configuration decisions and changes are documented timely, and in accordance with departmental standards
18. Responsible for overseeing the mentorship, training and skill development for all staff
19. Keeps technically current with changes and improvements within areas of assignment, incorporating as needed. This includes participating on industry wide subcommittees sponsored by the system vendor.
20. Develops and maintains cross-functional expertise on configuration that crosses units/departments.
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Please apply directly here: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27176146&refresh=true
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field. Completion of an approved educational program or a minimum of four years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
2. Minimum of five years of supervisory or management experience
3. Proven ability to lead teams through significant and challenging changes
4. Requires knowledge of advanced technology, business applications, development process and systems design.
5. Minimum of five years of benefit and production configuration experience, specifically in Facets Extended Enterprise
6. Proven ability to analyze and recognize potential business impacts for all affected departments with regard to benefit and/or contract changes, and to offer probable solutions or alternatives
7. Health plan operations experience is strongly preferred
8. Expert database/tools experience is strongly preferred (SQL, MS Access etc.)
9. Expert MS Excel skills are strongly preferred
10. Must be proficient at writing system documentation from a business and technical perspective.
11. Experience developing tools to enable efficient configuration and analysis is required.
12. Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to listen and respond to information effectively
13. Ability to work well under pressure work with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities
14. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis
15. Ability to plan, organize and prioritize tasks with competing priorities
16. Ability to develop and deliver training
17. Ability to develop and document unit process flows
18. Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
19. Maintain confidentiality, and project a positive and professional business image
20. Possess strong problem solving and decision making skills
Complete details: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27176146&refresh=true