Post Date: 10/17/2019
Close Date: 11/12/2019
The Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development (DLCD) is currently seeking a highly-qualified candidate to be our next full-time permanent Farm/Forest Lands Specialist (Planner 4).
What would you be doing?
You would serve as the department’s statewide policy expert and specialist on agricultural and forest land planning. You would provide an authoritative interpretation of state policy, regulations, and standards relating to the protection of agricultural and forest lands as applied to land use issues, and policy and program areas. You would operate in a lead capacity on agricultural and forest land issues and be the department’s policy expert in working with state agencies, legislators, citizens, planners, and local jurisdictions throughout the state.
Closing Date: Tuesday, November 12, 2019, at 11:59 pm
Time Type: Full-time
Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $5,449 - $7,994 Monthly
If you are interested, and you are current Oregon state employee, please apply on the internal jobs page. If you are an external applicant, please visit the Oregon job opportunities page.
• Experience applying and implementing the requirements of exclusive farm use and forest zones in Oregon;
• Responsibility for creating or updating zoning ordinances, rules, or similar codes;
• Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (oral and written);
• Experience drafting amendment language;
• Ability to present and articulate technical land use information to a wide range of audiences (i.e., interest groups, business owners, developers, citizens, local governments, etc.) in a variety of settings (i.e., letters, hearings, public meetings, and telephone);
• Ability to operate with a high degree of independence, often in situations that are not supportive of land use planning;
• Ability to work in a collaborative process with others that have different interests.
You will join a team of talented individuals charged with helping communities and citizens plan for, protect, and improve the built and natural systems that provide a high quality of life for all Oregonians. In partnership with citizens and local governments, we foster sustainable and vibrant communities and protect our natural resources legacy. We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer committed to workforce diversity. Our goal is to attract, develop, and retain highly skilled and talented individuals across all departments and programs who best reflect the diversity of our region. Please visit http://www.oregon.gov/LCD to learn more about the exciting and rewarding work we do!