Post Date: 07/03/2019
Close Date: 08/30/2019
School Based Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, 10-month position
Job Code: MHT-SB-445
Portland Outpatient Services
The School-Based Mental Health Therapist provides outpatient mental health and/or substance use treatment services for children, adolescent, and their families, in a school, clinic, or community or home setting. Treatment may include assessments, individual, group, and/or family therapy, and case management as needed. Therapist will be joining a multi-disciplinary team, and as part of a larger organization, employees of Morrison share a commitment to trauma informed care.
About the program:
Our School- Based Outpatient program provides therapeutic support to children in a school setting. We offer intensive therapy, increased case management, and support, where youth might not traditionally have access to services, this enables us to meet the needs of a broad range of clients, helping to increase awareness and community support of mental health and emotional needs.
As a School Based Mental Health Therapist you’ll support the children we serve by:
• Providing individual and family therapy in the school setting
• Providing mental health consultation to school staff
• Providing mental health assessments, risk screenings, case management and treatment planning.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Master’s degree in psychology, social work, counseling, or related field required
• Two years of direct treatment experience in a mental health setting
• Meets QMHP requirements under State of Oregon Administrative Rules required
• Current Oregon Licensed mental health professional preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish preferred
• Must pass DHS criminal history check
• Personal transportation allowing for frequent, regular travel within the Portland metropolitan area in a timely manner is required. A copy of a valid driver’s license for state of residency, proof of personal auto liability coverage must be provided, and a driving record meeting corporate driving requirements is required. Personal auto liability coverage at $100,000/$100,000 level is required and must be maintained
• Requires flexible schedule and work hours. May require evening work hours in excess of routine schedule in order to assure optimal program operations and service delivery
Starting Pay Range:
School Based Mental Health Therapist $ 19.94- $23.68
Bilingual (Spanish) School Based Mental Health Therapist $ 21.68- $25.75
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through another website without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “School Based Mental Health Therapist” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > School Based Mental Health Therapist
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/school-based-mental-health-therapist/