Post Date: 06/14/2019
Close Date: 07/15/2019
With integrated care services, Cascadia is growing the need for medical perscribers. We are hiring Licensed Medical Prescribers (LMPs) who are willing to dedicate 20 hours or more of their schedule to our services.
Why work for us? Our organization, from the CEO (top down), emphasizes the presence of LMPs as a pertinent part of the quality care we deliver to our consumers. As a community service provider, we value our LMPs as an integrated part of our team. We are not just about 15 minute prescriber sessions and med management, we build relations, and we have a 15 year retention rate for LMPs.
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare, one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care and who are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and who are expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
This position is part time at 20 hours/week. Schedule TBD. Hours are day time hours, Monday - Friday, but incubment has some flexibility on hours they'll work. .
Provide psychiatric assessments and ongoing medication management to consumers receiving services at Cascadia clinical programs, while supporting a Trauma Informed Care environment. With the high prevalence of trauma among individuals receiving mental health services, it is required the PMHNP understand the effects of trauma on health, coping, and other aspects of the lives of those we serve. Depending on the program served, services may range from one time consultations to internal staff or external partner providers/agencies to ongoing services. Provide formal and informal case consultation to case managers, therapists, nursing staff, and other treatment team members. Coordinate with primary care and other external care providers serving individual consumers, as per community standards. Provide case consultation and support to family and/or other members of individual consumer's support systems, as needed.
- Psychiatrist MD or DO: Requires an active state medical license, including maintenance requirements and DEA certification.
- Certification (or eligibility for certification) by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- PMHNP: Must have an Active State Nursing License as a PMHNP, including maintenance requirements and DEA certification.
- Certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
2-5 years of clinical experience with a community mental health clinic population is preferred but not essential.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Sufficient computer skills to complete documentation in an electronic medical records system in a timely manner
- Provide care in a setting consistent with the principles of collaborative care informed by stages of change models