Post Date: 11/07/2019
Close Date: 11/12/2019
Close date: 11/10/2019
Salary: $4,957 - $7,259 per months
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Maternal and Child Health (MCH) program in Portland, OR is recruiting for a Health System Integration Specialist to coordinate the Universally offered Home Visiting (UoHV) Initiative and its implementation of the voluntary, universally offered evidence-based home visiting model, Family Connects . This position is a fundamental part of the state-infrastructure to develop and implement the Universally offered Home Visiting (UoHV) Initiative and its implementation of the Family Connects model, working closely with the Family Connects Team. The Maternal and Child Health section works to address health promotion issues across the lifespan of individuals and families. We believe preconception, pregnancy and early childhood experiences create and influence a path for lifelong wellness.
What will you do?
As the Health System Integration Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting in the design, planning, development, and implementation of the Universally offered Home Visiting (UoHV) Initiative as it scales statewide. You will work with other OHA and MCH section staff and state agencies to develop and implement appropriate billing mechanisms across the home visiting population served by OHA. You will ensure the integration of universally offered home visiting into the state’s health care delivery systems and plan for integration with existing home visiting enrollment programs and services administered internally within OHA and externally across Oregon’s Home Visiting system.
You will implement the universally offered home visiting model and connect to other home visiting models, and early childhood and social support services in Oregon. The position works with the MCH Section’s Community Systems Unit as well as state and community partners to support a coordinated and comprehensive state system. The position also provides support for home visiting data systems including Tracking Home visiting Outcomes in Oregon (THEO) data system.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to address health promotion issues for individuals and families in Oregon. Are you experienced working with health plans, public health delivery systems and/or health information systems? Do you have experience in policy development and program implementation? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
• A bachelor's degree in public health, health care administration, or business or a related field and four years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to public health OR any combination of experience and education equivalent to seven years of professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning experience related to public health.
• Experience working with health plans, data information systems, and public health service delivery.
• Experience in policy development and program implementation on the county or state level.
• Familiarity with private and public insurance billing sub-sectors (Medicaid and Medicare).
• Experience with public health programs, project management, business systems analysis, and business change management.
• Knowledge of the application of health plan laws, regulations, and policies related to specific programs.
• Knowledge of the application of public health laws, regulations, and policies related to specific programs.
• Experience communicating verbally and in writing with a variety of people to answer questions and explain information effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
• Experience in program administration and contract administration.
• Experience with team leadership principles, processes, and techniques.
• Experience in an environment with computerized systems and large databases.
• Experience evaluating facts in relation to rules, regulations, and policies.
• Experience with end user and technical documentation.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
Complete details: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Portland--Oregon-Street---OHA/Health-System-Integration-Specialist--Operations-and-Policy-Analyst-3-_REQ-23794