Post Date: 01/10/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Tableau Visualization Specialist (R18-783)
The purpose of this position is to gather requirements and understand work processes in order to build metrics that support operational excellence for CST&D, and project metrics that support process improvement. The clients typically include CST&D managers and supervisors. This position also provides business analysis and process gap recommendation support.
• Typically a bachelor's degree in business, information technology or related field and five to eight years of related experience or equivalent combination.
• Advanced Tableau visualization abilities
• Exposure to Tableau server (Create extract and Publishing)
• Have some PM/Planning abilities
• Oracle SQL Intermediate Familiarity
• Agile experience
• Ability to understand the business process and gather reporting requirements.
• Exemplary computer applications skills. Will be required to utilize MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Power Plan, Visio,
• Ability to work independently with little supervision.
• Highly organized work skills and habits to keep track of information and communications.
Nice to Have:
• Knowledge on OBIEE, EAM Maximo, ARM Scheduler, ARM Field Manager, QuickBase systems
• Utility Experience.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-783 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING