Post Date: 01/17/2020
Close Date: 02/16/2020
Prep Camp Cook
Special Project, Part-Time: scheduled to work 15 hours per week
2 positions available
Bring your cooking skills to the Coastal Discovery Center at Camp Gray, owned by the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI), and cook for a site that inspires curiosity of hundreds of kids throughout the year! As a Prep Camp Cook, you’ll help feed guests to energize them as they hike the surrounding area learning about coastal ecology. You’ll participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Prepare ingredients necessary for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for large school and summer camp groups at designated times.
• Maintain workstation organization & cleanliness
What you’ll need:
• Working knowledge of preparing vegetables and meats for cooking.
• Minimum 1 year of cooking in the food industry.
• Valid Oregon Food Handlers Certificate.
• Current CPR and first aid certification.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check, American Camp Association (ACA) background checks, and reference checks.
• Hourly rate between $12.50 - $13.00, depending on experience.
• Oregon Sick pay.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/411621.html to apply!
Position closes February 16, 2020.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/411621.html