Post Date: 01/07/2019
Close Date: 01/20/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT Security Administrator to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an Infrastructure/Application Security Administrator, you will be responsible for implementing, testing and operating advanced software security techniques in support of the development of information systems. You will coordinate all levels of security system design, work processes, user interface design and application infrastructure design. You will define and implement software development security processes and standards. You will also mentor and support application development staff in various roles and responsibilities.
In this role, you will evaluate applications for technology upgrades and develop strategies for technology integration. You will support and develop processes and tools related to software engineering such as testing, continuous integration, configuration management, and software builds.
Additionally, you will build relationships and facilitate effective discussions with employees at all levels of the organization.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced IT Security Administrator, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
This position will be located in Salem at 3991 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
(a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Security Administration and/or Enterprise System Design & Development.
(b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND 5 years of information systems experience in Security Administration and/or Enterprise System Design & Development.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Security Administration and/or Enterprise System Design & Development.
(d) Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Security Administration and/or Enterprise System Design & Development.
• Proven experience as a Software Security Engineer.
• Detailed technical knowledge of techniques, standards and state-of-the-art capabilities for authentication and authorization, applied cryptography, security vulnerabilities and remediation.
• Experience in enterprise system design and development.
• Ability to research emerging trends and technologies to assess possible threats.
• Experience in software configuration management, automated testing, automated build, and continuous integration.
• Current knowledge of web-related technologies and network/web-related protocols.
• Genuine interest in all aspects of security research and development.
• Experience developing software engineering processes and procedures.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.