Post Date: 04/02/2019
Close Date: 04/16/2019
Clark College is currently accepting applications for an 80% part-time (32 hours/week), permanent classified Program Specialist 2 in Environmental Health and Safety (EHS).
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with applicable WISHA/OSHA and environmental laws and regulations
• Review, evaluate, implement, and/or recommend changes to organizational policies and procedures
• Perform ergonomics consultations to support general employee health and accommodations support
• Assist in the management of worker’s compensation claims with Washington State Labor and Industries, to include incident reporting, incident investigations, modified duty, and the return to work program
• Support college EHS programs including Chemical Hygiene, Accident Prevention, Confined Space, Lockout, Hearing Conservation, Spill Prevention, Fall Protection, Electrical Safety, and Respiratory Protection
• Build and support regulatory compliant training programs for environmental health and safety
• Conduct EHS audits of programs and facilities to document compliance/noncompliance
• Assist in supervision of student workers by assigning and directing work through setting expectations, instructing, coaching and identifying training needs
• Track expenditures and make recommendations for staffing and equipment for the purpose of budget development
• Support and contribute to college wide emergency planning efforts and activities
• Prepare documentation to meet regulatory reporting requirements including the OSHA 300, Hazardous Waste manifests, and annual air emission reports
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to coordinate the recycling and food waste programs
• Oversee the preparation and distribution of regular safety and sustainability bulletins
• Serve on various committees and councils at the college to promote safety and sustainability
• Perform related duties as required
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: Associate degree in science or related degree. Bachelor of Science or safety related degree preferred
• Experience: Two years of safety, health, and/or environmental work experience in a regulatory capacity in a complex organization. Experience in either ergonomics, worker’s compensation and/or industrial hygiene is preferred
• Interpersonal Communication and Relationship Building: Demonstrated ability to effectively build and maintain strong relationships with a variety of diverse people
• Customer Service: Provides service that consistently meets or exceeds the needs of students, colleagues, and the community
• Computer Skills: Experience using Microsoft Office Suite; ability to use Microsoft Word to create forms using templates, work with form fields, and format and enhance forms; use mail merge to create form letters and modify merged documents; ability to use Microsoft Excel, to create and manipulate large or complex spreadsheets, use complex mathematical formulas to calculate data, and link worksheets. Import data from other sources, filter lists, and create and format charts and graphs.
• Ability to conduct investigations; possess interviewing and report writing skills
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to lift up to 35 lbs on a regular basis.
• Possession of a valid driver’s license and has own transportation.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $2599/month Range: 42 Code: 107I
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., April 16th, 2019.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
April 2nd, 2019
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs