Post Date: 05/15/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an Automation Specialist with Software Development experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an Automation Specialist, you will provide analytics and technical support for operating, maintaining and installing information systems; and design and construct new systems or modify and enhance existing systems. You will provide technical consultation and training to users, technical assistance and coordination to IT support staff, lead projects as assigned, and participate in strategic planning.
In this role, your work will be assigned in terms of broad product or general project objectives. Your performance will be reviewed for technical sufficiency and conformance with standards. You will have considerable latitude in deciding methods and resources to accomplish work goals.
Additionally, you will work with IT Service Management software to implement and maintain electronic forms, workflows and services.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an Automation Specialist with Software Development experience, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Four (4) years of information systems experience in software development. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND two (2) years of information systems experience in software development. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
• Solid understanding of Knowledge Management, Problem Management, Incident Management, Event Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, and/or Request Fulfillment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
• Excellent customer services and telephone skills.
• Experience in a professional service environment supporting multiple applications and network environments.
• Experience coordinating and translating business needs into practical IT solutions.
• Strong working knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) techniques, tools, and best practices.
• Experience in user interface design, analysis, programming, testing and implementation.
• Experience using IT Service Management software.
• Experience supporting the operation of enterprise solution platforms and applications such as Process Automation, Broadcom, and/or CA or equivalent Service Desk and ITSM platforms.
• Experience administering commercial off the shelf (COTS) products including ITSM Suites such as CA Service Management Suite and Monitoring Software.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.