Post Date: 06/17/2019
Close Date: 09/10/2019
At Ride Connection we’re passionate about moving people. Transportation lies at the heart of equity, allowing people access to the things they need to survive and thrive. Last year we provided over half a million free rides for older adults, people with disabilities, low-income individuals, rural residents and general public. We have built and continue to develop programs that allow us to provide the best option for each individual, suited to their level of need.
We are looking for someone who has a desire to impact our ability to provide more transportation options in the community by being the voice of Ride Connection in the community and on our social media channels.
As Communications Outreach Specialist you will represent Ride Connection in the community through a variety of tabling events, presentations and building relationships with local resources for older adults and people with disabilities. Working closely with staff and transportation partners, you will be responsible for developing and employing outreach plans aimed at increasing ridership and travel training, volunteer recruitment, fundraising and overall knowledge of Ride Connection in the community. In this role you will also be responsible for creating dynamic and engaging social media and email content. Gathering stories and updates from customers, partners, staff and more, your words will paint the picture of who Ride Connection is and how our services impact the community. As an integral part of the development team, this position will also assist with a variety of tasks as needed including helping with events, mailings, website management and content for marketing materials.
Ride Connection is a nonprofit agency serving a diverse population and we place a high emphasis on diversity and inclusion in our workplace. Staff and volunteers are valued for the experience and unique viewpoints they bring to the job. Excellent benefits include healthcare for employee and dependents (partial paid) with generous paid time off.
• BA degree in a related field with a minimum of two years of progressively responsible experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience
• Excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to speak/write articulately about Ride Connection’s programs, mission, and vision.
• Excellent communication skills, including conducting meetings, making presentations, and producing business correspondence and promotional material.
• Knowledge and digital experience with email marketing and social media
• Demonstrated public speaking and presentation skills
• Ability to speak other languages, in addition to English
• Experience working with older adults and people with disabilities
• Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, & Illustrator
To apply, visit www.rideconnection.org/about-us/careers for an application and full job description. Please submit your application, resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Compensation is $16.80 per hour. Position is open until filled.
Ride Connection shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Ride Connection take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Complete details: https://rideconnection.org/about-us/careers