Post Date: 06/24/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Sr. Business Systems Analyst – R-19-0966
Business Systems Analysis
Acts as a liaison between IT and the business to elicit, document, analyze and validate requirements for new systems and enhancement of existing systems. Analyzes business processes/problems to be solved with automated systems. Identifies gaps and provides expertise in business requirements for system specifications and scales new and current systems, processes and procedures in a cost-effective manner.
• Business Analysis (BUAN)
• Requirements Definition and Management (REQM)
• Consultancy (CNSL)
• Business Process Improvement (BPRE)
• Benefits Management (BENM)
• Typically, eight or more years in related field. Preferred experience in the utility domain.
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, engineering, management or other related field or equivalent experience.
• Serving as a subject matter expert for operational projects and systems that bridge both trading, generation and grid operations.
• Knowledge of the software development and system implementation process, including requirements gathering.
• Knowledge in system design techniques, testing, implementation, release and version control and training approaches.
• Experienced in SQL
• Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Understands how legacy and web-based systems interface with each other.
• Preferred experience in or knowledge of specific line of business and/or IT environment.
• Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) certification preferred.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
• Advanced knowledge of business analysis framework
• Expert knowledge of discovery techniques and requirements definition
• Expert knowledge of requirements documentation
• Advanced knowledge of client relationship management techniques and client service models
• Advanced knowledge of business process improvement frameworks
• General Competencies
• Advanced customer focus skills
• Advanced oral and written communication skills
• Advanced organization and prioritization skills
• Advanced meeting facilitation skills
• Intermediate team building skills
• Intermediate developing the skills of others
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R-19-0966 If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Talent Acquisition Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN EXTERNAL JOB POSTING