Post Date: 01/04/2019
Close Date: 01/25/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Treatment Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Letty Owings Center
REPORTS TO: Milieu Supervisor
REPRESENTED: Yes (On-Call Not Represented)
HOURS: Friday-Monday, 2:30pm-11:00
RANGE: $14.96/Per hour
SUMMARY: Treatment Assistants are responsible for providing care and close intensive supervision to all clients and their children in a 24-hour treatment facility. General responsibilities include: providing client-centered care, using de-escalation skills, helping to implement the treatment plans developed by counselors, group management, providing high quality customer service, and other duties as needed.
1. Completion of High School or GED.
2. A minimum of two years work or volunteer experience in related field required (i.e., shelter, residential or day treatment, counseling, substance abuse treatment, etc.).
3. Prior experience working with at-risk women preferred.
4. Knowledge of Twelve-Step Recovery process.
5. Have or able to obtain Standard First-Aid, and Adult and Child/Infant CPR Certification within 60 days of hire.
6. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
7. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, reach, twist, pull and lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs., 3 feet off the ground several times per shift.
8. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check. This includes clearance by the DHS Background Check Unit. Must be approved by the Childcare Background Check Unit.
9. Must possess a current drivers license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued recertification training.
10. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with coworkers and clients and children with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds, religious views, political affiliations, sexual orientation and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
About Central City Concern
Providing comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency.
Central City Concern meets its mission through innovative outcome based strategies which support personal and community transformation.
Direct access to housing which supports lifestyle change.
Integrated healthcare services that are highly effective in engaging people who are often alienated from mainstream systems.
The development of peer relationships that nurture and support personal transformation and recovery.
Attainment of income through employment or accessing benefit
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/