Post Date: 12/20/2017
Close Date: 02/22/2018
Clark College is currently seeking applicants for a Part-time American Sign Language Instructor. Hours for this position are variable, and may include evening work. Lecture rate is $61.40/hour.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
• Instruct classes utilizing techniques and knowledge of the discipline that facilitate student learning
• Participate in decision-making processes by taking part in department meetings
• Pursue professional development
• Strive to enhance teaching and learning techniques
• Master’s Degree in American Sign Language or related field
• Evidence of teaching in the core of the American Sign Language discipline
• Experience teaching at the community college level
• Experience using a variety of teaching and assessment techniques – including the use of technology – that enhance student success.
• Familiarity with current research in the American Sign Language disciple
• Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and members of the campus community
• Demonstrated participation in academic, professional and civic activities
• Excellent classroom teaching and communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to student learning
• Willingness to participate in a variety of departmental and campus activities
• Willingness to take a leadership role in areas of education and professional expertise
• Ability and enthusiasm to use teaching methods that engage students and encourage them to be motivated self-learners.
• Experience with active learning techniques
• Interest in pursuing professional development opportunities as available
• Understanding of and commitment to the mission of the community college
• Ability to work well as a member of a team
Required Online Application Materials:
• Clark College Online Application
• Current résumé
APPLICATION DEADLINE Open until filled.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
Condition of Employment:
• Finalist(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
• Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, creed, disabled veteran status, marital status or Vietnam-era veteran status in its programs and activities.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
Job # 17-00161
December 20, 2017