Post Date: 02/25/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
Stoel Rives has a new opening for a Senior Lawyer Recruiter to join its growing lawyer recruiting team. The firm is located across 10 U.S. offices and our team operates in a regional model. We’re looking to add a new member to oversee the full-cycle recruitment of lawyers and law students for an assigned region. This position can be located in any of our Seattle, Portland, Salt Lake City or Sacramento offices.
The team is currently comprised of a Director of Talent Acquisition, Talent Acquisition Manager, and several recruiting leads. We are excited to bring on a new set of skills, interests, and talents to help us optimize our support of the firm’s recruiting program.
Overview of the job: Does this sound like you?
• Partner with firm leadership to execute the full-cycle recruiting process for lawyers, including associate and of counsel-level lawyers. You will get to own the process starting with new position approval to sourcing, screening applications, managing interviews, negotiating offers, and initiating pre-hire processes.
• Provide education and consultation to hiring managers on best practices for leading candidates through a recruiting process, with an emphasis on utilizing behavioral interviews and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Build relationships and serve as a strategic recruiting partner to our different practice areas to understand business needs, talent development plans, and employee retention goals. Know how to translate this information into a successful recruiting process.
• Coordinate with the firm’s office Recruiting Committees for your region and serve as the point person for law student recruiting in your designated offices. Build partnerships with law schools to plan annual campus recruiting visits each summer and fall.
• Oversee full-cycle law student recruiting, from screening applications to managing interviews, negotiating offers, and initiating pre-hire processes. Serve as a helpful resource to students, helping them navigate the professional interview process with ease.
• Manage direct law student recruiting opportunities and partner with recruiting team to optimize the law student application experience.
• Plan and attend law student networking and informational events, bringing energy and enthusiasm as a brand ambassador of the firm and our annual summer internship experience.
Recruiting Planning & Process Improvement
• Using the firm’s Applicant Tracking System, serve as a subject matter expert on best practices for managing candidate data and communication, including reporting and reviewing recruiting business processes for areas of improvement.
• Bring a growth mindset to Firm recruiting systems, processes, and tools. Suggest and plan new ways of optimizing the recruiting program using innovative technology and tools, including methods of improving the candidate experience.
Skills and experiences: what would help you to thrive in this role:
• 6+ years of experience in full-cycle recruiting, with a preference for experience in the legal industry or other professional services environment.
• Experience independently managing full-cycle candidate recruiting, preferably across more than one office location or geographic region.
• Strong command of Applicant Tracking Systems, with reporting and process improvement interest or experience.
• A passion for enhancing the candidate experience across the entire recruiting lifecycle.
• Enjoy working with people and building relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Positive attitude and ability to skillfully manage the competing priorities and tight deadlines that often come during the recruiting process. Enjoy the sprint and using your amazing abilities to help legal talent find new opportunities to thrive.
What we have to offer YOU:
• A supportive, fun, and talent high-functioning recruiting team. Collectively, we have experience across many different industries, with unique educational backgrounds, career paths, and personal passions. We’re looking to complement our team with someone who brings fresh energy, abilities, and interests to the team.
• Opportunities to grow professionally, through the support of leadership to make the candidate experience at Stoel Rives best-in-class. We love new ideas and thinking through how to do things better.
• Highly competitive compensation, benefits, and retirement plan package, with professional development resources including the opportunity to attend conferences and participate in local legal industry groups.
• On-site amenities including free coffee, beverages, snacks, fitness center, outdoor workspace, corporate wellness program, employee recognition program, EAP, and more (amenities vary slightly in each office location).
• Flexible work scheduling, state-of-the-art technology, and ergonomic office equipment.
• Community engagement opportunities, with many options for supporting the firm’s many partnerships and commitment to sustainability.
Stoel Rives is a leading U.S. corporate and litigation law firm. One of the largest national firms focused on energy, natural resources, environmental and climate change, Stoel Rives also serves the agribusiness, food and beverage, health care, life sciences and technology industries. With more than 350 attorneys operating out of 10 offices in seven states and the District of Columbia, Stoel Rives is a leader in regulatory and compliance matters, business, labor and employment law, intellectual property, land use, real estate development and construction law. Stoel Rives is an Equal Opportunity Employer.