Post Date: 02/10/2020
Close Date: 03/02/2020
Bring your communications planning expertise to our team in historic downtown Portland! As a community affairs coordinator, you will directly support public and stakeholder education and engagement essential to the planning and environmental review phases for our Tolling Program and Urban Mobility and Mega Projects office. Apply today!
A day in the life:
- Develop and implement comprehensive community outreach plans to support the Tolling Program.
- Conduct and manage public involvement and outreach, including plans to engage equity communities and populations historically marginalized by transportation planning.
- Prepare and oversee consultant public involvement scope of work and review materials and messages drafted by consultants.
- Support the planning process by defining messages, preparing written materials, maintaining project stakeholder databases, preparing mailings and door-to-door delivery communications.
- Prepare and launch information on the tolling website and develop, review revise and post profiles and content for the Region 1 intranet.
- Respond to project-related inquiries from other jurisdictions and the public.
- Represent ODOT at public events and to external audiences affected by region activities and studies.
- Manage and staff a community advisory committee.
- Support project’s public meetings and review and prepare meeting and comment summaries.
- Research public opinion to determine potential for program success; provide information to agency management; plan publicity or communication campaigns for agency programs designed to increase public support.
- Coordinate and organize meetings designed to increase communications with special interest groups.
- Develop project newsletters and other public communication materials.
- Prepare or edit publications for internal and external audiences.
What we need:
A bachelor's degree in business or public administration, public relations, marketing, journalism, the behavioral or social sciences or related degree and two years professional level experience in public relations or affairs.
Five years experience directly related to the position under recruitment; two of the five years must have been at the professional level.
Additionally, driving is an essential function of this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position.
Learn more and apply:
- This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on March 2, 2020.
- Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-32237 to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer