Post Date: 10/08/2019
Close Date: 11/30/2019
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req 1129
This position oversees the daily management of the milieu and community settings. Milieu Supervisor provides leadership and training of milieu staff, and support and supervision of clients in our residential youth programs. The youth, typically from Latin America and occasionally other countries reside in our residential program while they await family reunification or other placement options. Our Milieu Supervisors lead and collaborate with other milieu staff to ensure that program is providing the youth with skill building, education, leisure activities, medical services and development of pro-social behaviors. This position will work out of a residential facility in Portland, Oregon.
You’ll lead and guide milieu staff by:
• Ensuring all staff are trained as stated in guidelines for program, agency and grant requirements
• Providing supervision and performance evaluations following agency protocol and policy
You’ll help ensure our clients are cared for by:
• Planning and coordinating the milieu schedule and milieu events to ensure the safety and security of youth in the program
• Participating in the development of behavior plans; and collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team such case management, clinical, education, medical, etc.,
As a Milieu Supervisor you’ll receive:
• Mentorship for career growth from program leadership
• Resources, and training on various, but relevant topics designed to help you acquire more knowledge and enhance your skill set
The ideal candidate will be able to lead and communicate effectively, and model appropriate professional boundaries. They will have a strong understanding or willingness to learn program policy and procedures. Given the dynamic environment in any residential facility, its crucial for Milieu staff to maintain composure; while simultaneously being able to manage, redirect and de-escalate stressful situations. We value team work and shared collaboration.
About the Program:
Long-Term Group Home is part of our Immigrant Youth Services programs. It provides services to up 20 adolescents at one time (ages 14-17 years old) in a co-ed residential facility setting. The youth, typically from Latin America and occasionally other countries live in our Long-Term Group Home, while they await family reunification or other placement options. They attend public school and other community activities.
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• At least 21 years of age
• High School Diploma
• One year experience working with youth.
• One year experience supervising employees, or one year experience in a leadership role in a residential setting.
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, databases and Outlook
• Basic knowledge of office equipment
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, written, read and verbal strongly preferred
• ORR experience
• Residential experience
• Knowledge of Federal, State and agency regulations.
• Knowledge of adolescent developmental issues, trauma, abuse and neglect, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency, peer influence, and related group and individual interventions.
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Must meet agency’s driving requirement
• Language testing, if applicable
Starting Pay Rate:
Milieu Supervisor $18.87-$20.08
Bilingual (Spanish) Milieu Supervisor $20.57– $21.88
Schedule: Swing Shift /Wednesday - Saturday
$1/hr for swing shift differential! Applies to hours worked between 3:00pm-11:00pm
***must work at least three hours during 3pm-11pm, time-frame to receive differential.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job post through a website without enabled links please visit https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Milieu Supervisor- Group Home” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Milieu Supervisor – Group Home
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/milieu-supervisor-group-home-2/