Post Date: 05/06/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
TITLE: Recovery Mentor / Peer Support Specialist II
DEPARTMENT: Supportive Housing
REPORTS TO: Recovery Mentor Program Supervisor
HOURS: Tuesday-Saturday, 8:30am-5:00pm
RANGE: $15.75-$17.33/Per hour
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
SUMMARY: The Recovery Mentor/ Peer Support Specialist will conduct interventions with clients at the Hooper Center and other treatment institutions. The Mentor will escort and provide transportation for clients to initial post Detox treatment episodes, primary care providers, twelve-step meetings, and other outside support meetings. The Recovery Mentor will work with Hooper Staff and other Treatment Providers for potential referrals. The Mentor will work to prepare clients to continue on the path to self-sufficiency such as employment and stable housing.
1. High School Diploma or GED required.
2. Certified Recovery Mentor or Peer Support Specialist and a minimum of 1-year experience working as a certified Peer Support Specialist.
3. If a recovering chemically dependent person must be in a program of recovery and able to provide documentation of sobriety a minimum of two years.
4. Flexible work schedule required, including some evening and weekend work.
5. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use. The cell phone will be provided by Central City Concern.
6. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
7. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
8. Must be able to climb stairs several times a day.
9. Must pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as
outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial Annual Drivers training and then pass an annual Recertification training.
10. Must adhere to the agency’s non-discrimination policies.
11. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles, and sexual orientations, and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/