Post Date: 05/29/2019
Close Date: 06/22/2019
About this role….
NWEA is a not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide through assessment solutions and insightful data. Driven by our mission – partnering to help all kids learn – we’re transforming the way teachers teach and students learn.
We are looking for a Sr Student UX designer to join the UX team within the Partner Experience department. This designer is a passionate advocate for students, provides UX strategy, experience deliverables, and direction based upon the users’ needs.
This designer needs to be collaborative, a strong communicator, and able to turn complex workflows into user-friendly, delightful products for our users.
The Sr Student UX Designer is also responsible for organizing content into user-centric categories, creating a navigational structure, and interface requirements to support the task and information needed.
• Strong desire to help students grow
• Passionate commitment to improving experiences for users as young as 4 years old
• Be able to handle many complex workflows
• Experience creating information architecture and user workflow diagrams
• Ability to collaborate with a large group of stakeholders
• Can articulate design decisions with data and user research
• A portfolio showcasing your UX process
Traits for success…
• Ability to dive in, get your hands dirty, and figure it out with others
• Design leadership, mentoring, and guidance for creating a usable experience
• Strong knowledge in translating branding into action
• Passion for learning
• Creative ability to envision and articulate the user experience
• Strong knowledge of best practices in usability as it applied to websites and online applications
• Collaborative with stakeholders and fellow design & research team to build a delightful product experience
Preferred but not required…
• Experience building experiences for kids
• Experience using Sketch & InVision
• Working knowledge of the agile framework
• Working Knowledge of accessibility requirements
Education and Experience…
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Information Design, Web Design or related field, or comparable experience in the Industry
• Two or more years’ experience in documenting and creating interactive solutions to meet the clients’ business requirements and objectives (or comparable education)
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide insights to help tailor instruction. For 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. Our tools are trusted by educators in more than 9,500 schools, districts, and education agencies in 145 countries.
What we can offer you….
At NWEA we not only offer a competitive base salary, we offer a 15%contribution of eligible employees’ base salary to a defined contribution 403(b) retirement savings plan; career development opportunities; an awesome work culture and environment; we also offer industry leading benefits and perks that are focused on supporting our employees’ holistic wellbeing. To learn more about what we can offer more, click here.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit our website. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website
Please copy/paste the link provided for the position -OR- GO TO www.nwea.org/careers/ and apply to the Sr. UX Designer role, job ID #268.