Post Date: 04/10/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Alcohol & Drug Counselor I
DEPARTMENT: Old Town Clinic
SALARY: $18.46 - $20.31 DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: Provide a variety of counseling services which are integrated in primary care, including group therapy and individual counseling in Old Town Clinic’s medication-assisted treatment program (MAT).
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher in Behavioral Sciences field or a combination of at least three years work education, training or experience working with clients in substance use disorder treatment program.
2. Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor (CADC) certification required.
3. Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA, and possess the competencies necessary to: a. Communicate effectively b. Understand and apply concepts of substance use disorder treatment services c. Provide psychosocial skills development d. Implement interventions prescribed on a treatment plan.
4. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
5. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform duties.
6. Must pass pre employment drug screen, TB Test and background check.
7. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects and climb stairs.
8. Must adhere to agency’s policies.
9. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is a second chance employer and complies with applicable laws regarding consideration of criminal background for employment purposes. Government regulations, contractual requirements, or the duties of this particular job may require CCC to conduct a background check and take appropriate action to address prior criminal convictions.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs