Post Date: 03/07/2019
Close Date: 03/19/2019
Clackamas County Health, Housing and Human Services, Social Services Division is seeking an Information and Referral Specialist 1. The Information and Referral (I&R) Specialist 1 assists individuals with varying abilities, needs and backgrounds in identifying and accessing community resources and services. This position within the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) primarily, but not exclusively, focuses on assisting older adults and persons with disabilities address a wide range of needs and concerns.
Competitive candidates will possess and demonstrate patience, adaptability, capacity for creative problem- solving, active listening skills, professional boundaries, and compassion when interacting with consumers, various stakeholders and peers. Competitive candidates will also have proven experience working within a team setting, ability to provide support in varying capacities, demonstrated experience working in a fast-paced and evolving work environment, and possess a sincere desire to serve the community.
This position will work a minimum of 20 hours per week. As the position develops, it will work up to 37.5 hours per week.
Clackamas County is committed to building a workforce that reflects the community we serve. In that spirit, we encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds and experience to apply.
Required Minimum Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• At least one year professional work experience providing direct services to older adults, adults with disabilities, and/or their respective networks of support.
• At least one year of professional work experience providing information and referral services.
• At least one year of professional work experience at an intermediate or advanced level of proficiency working with computers, Microsoft office software, and online resource databases
• Experience working respectfully and effectively in a diverse and multi-cultural environment.
• Ability to obtain a CRS-A/D Certification within the Alliance of Information and Referral Services (AIRS) within one year of hire.
To do so, the following is required: At least 1 year of employment in I&R for applicants with a Bachelors or higher degree OR 2 years of employment in I&R for applicants with an Associates/Community College degree OR 3 years of employment in I&R for applicants with a High School diploma or GED OR 5 years of I&R employment with no educational qualifications.
• Bilingual English and Russian, Spanish or SE Asian language.
• Must successfully pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
• Must successfully pass a criminal history check which may include national or state fingerprint records check.
• Driving may be necessary for County business. For position(s) with occasional/incidental driving,
incumbents must possess a valid driver's license. Accommodation requests for an acceptable alternative method of transportation will be reviewed on an individual basis in compliance with State and Federal legislation.
Preferred Special Qualifications/ Transferrable Skills:
• Knowledge of public assistance/benefits programs (Title 19, OHP, Medicare buy-in programs, SNAP, etc.).
• Knowledge of long-term care services and resources.
• Experience using Statewide online databases such as RTZ, Oregon Access and/or the State Mainframe.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Clackamas County offers competitive wages and an attractive benefits package, including a robust Wellness program.
• The salary range is $33,599 - $42,266 Annually (This annual rate is based off a full time 37.5 hour position)
• This position will work a minimum of 20 hours per week. As the position develops, it will work up to 37.5 hours per week.
• Health Plan Options: Most employees are eligible to start most benefits after two months of continuous employment.
THE FLEXIBLE BENEFITS PROGRAM OFFERS:
• A Choice of Dental Plans and Medical Plans with Vision & Prescription Drug Coverage
• A Choice of Full Benefits or Lesser Benefits with Flex Cash
• Wellness and Employee Assistance Programs
• Paid Leave: (Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Bereavement Leave)
• Group Term Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance with Optional Salary Buy-Up Program
• Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA)
• Optional Group Universal Life Insurance; Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance; Long Term Care Insurance; Voluntary Benefits through AFLAC, Liberty Mutual and Hyatt Legal
• Retirement: PERS/OPSRP Retirement Contributions Clackamas County contributes to member’s pension share account as well as picks up the 6% contribution to the Individual Account Program (IAP).
• Optional Deferred Compensation (457)
• Longevity Pay
HOW TO APPLY
Clackamas County accepts online applications only. To complete an online application and for more information, please visit http://www.clackamas.us/ and click on the “Jobs” tab
• Please follow the instructions to submit the on-line application. Instructions will include how to copy and paste a current resume. Please make sure to answer all the questions, including the open-ended questions!
• This position closes on March 19, 2019.
Complete details: http://www.clackamas.us/