Post Date: 12/06/2018
Close Date: 12/26/2018
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Program Analyst with Application Testing experience to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an IT Program Analyst, you will provide analytical and technical support for the operation and maintenance of information systems, testing as well as Quality Assurance/Quality Control of existing and planned systems.
In this role, you will provide information systems services to facilitate the proper functioning of the eXPRS programs and daily operations. You will support the agency's mission and program objectives through timely and accurate issuance of benefits such as cash, food stamps, child support, provider pay, and medical by ensuring maximum availability of systems to end users.
Additionally, you will work with other system staff under direction of a Team Lead or Manager to accomplish development tasks supporting various projects and activities. You will be responsible for all unit, system, and integration testing activities, software development Qualify Assurance functions, and documentation of test results.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are a Program Analyst with Application Testing experience, don't delay, apply today!
This is a full-time, permanent position that is classified and represented by a union.
This position will be located in Salem at 3990 Fairview Industrial Drive SE.
(a) Four (4) years of information systems experience in Application Testing.
(b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND two (2) years of information systems experience in Application Testing.
(c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field may substitute for all of the above.
• Experience developing in an object-oriented language.
• Strong working knowledge of software development methods including analysis, design, and programming standards and techniques.
• Solid understanding of DevOps tools, fundamentals and processes.
• Working knowledge of application support or development in the following to support complex customer requirement: Java, J2EE, EJB, JDBC, JSP, JSF, XML, STRUTS, WSDL, AIX/WebSphere, JBoss, RedHat, Linux and/or Windows.
• Working knowledge of specific DHS/ODDS applications such as: Prior Authorization, claims, enrollment, SFMA, Needs Assessments, and Risk Report.
• Experience working in a DevOps application development environment using Jenkins, Docker, Ansible, GitHub and/or ELK.
• Experience in application testing methodologies and tools, testing procedures, documentation, test plan generation, and test remediation.
• Experience managing or participating in projects throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
• Experience estimating project resources and schedules for complex system development efforts.
• Technical skills in the following areas:
o Writing technical documentation
o Testing and debugging information programs and systems
o Relational databases
o Database management systems and utilities
o File access methods
o Programming languages
o IS analysis, design and data management concepts
o IS operating software and operating systems languages
o Hardware configuration
o Standards and precedents for data design and formatting.
• Ability to solve performance problems.
• Experience establishing procedures for diagnosing and solving problems.
• Ability to coordinate problem solving and resolve resource competition issues.
• Experience developing formal training in infrastructure specialties.
• Experience evaluating costs, specification and organizational policies to recommend performance tuning.
• Experience recommending modifications or enhancements to systems and policies.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.