Post Date: 07/26/2019
Close Date: 08/16/2019
POSITION: Volunteer Program Coordinator
SALARY: $48,896.00 - $73,756.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 08/16/19 05:00 PM
The only thing better than being part of an award-winning team is when that team comes together to take home Travel + Leisure's America's Best Airport award an incredible seven times in a row! This amazing accomplishment is thanks in large part to the dedication of an army of incredible volunteers. As the Port's Volunteer Coordinator, you would be responsible for providing day-to-day operational support for the robust Volunteer Information ("VIP") and Volunteer Music Programs. The Volunteer Coordinator also provides emergency planning support as well as assistance with special projects and other duties as assigned. If you are skilled in motivating and managing unpaid staff in a dynamic environment, this job may be for you!
We understand that everyone brings unique ideas and talents to work -- and we're committed to making sure yours get appreciated and recognized. We embrace diversity, equity, inclusivity and the opportunity to pursue innovation. We do all this in support of our core values and a mission that moves people.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manages scheduling through use of Volgistics volunteer management software.
o Coordinates volunteer scheduling efforts with customer service staffing agency in partnership with PDX Passenger Programs and Services Supervisor.
o Maintains VIP assignments at various locations throughout the airport terminal.
o Responds to requests for volunteer assistance in other departments and events.
• Procures and distributes uniforms, snacks, office supplies and all necessary tools for all volunteer assignments.
• Responsible for administrative paperwork including day passes, badging, parking coupons, parking access cards, and signage.
• Facilitates audition processes for PDX Volunteer Musicians, including formal evaluation recordkeeping.
o Ensures all music copyright licenses are coordinated, purchased, and completed.
o Coordinates piano and other equipment maintenance. Ensures quality assurance for both volunteer programs; providing any reports of non-compliance to supervisor for resolution.
• Assists Supervisor, PDX Passenger Services and Programs, with event coordination and planning, and special projects, as needed.
• Supports Emergency Plan Operations - Family Assistance Center;
o Updates and refines Customer Relations plan for Port support of a Family Assistance Center;
o Establishes and maintains a list of volunteers willing to assist in emergency situations.
o Develops and maintains a communications and logistics plan to have volunteers ready to assist in emergency situations.
o Facilitates the coordination of emergency supplies: procures, organizes and maintains inventory; communicates updates with management and stakeholders.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Associates' degree or two years' post-secondary education and/or training in customer service, volunteer management, hospitality management or related field is required.
• Minimum of two (2) years progressively responsible work experience, including demonstrated customer contact, supervisory and/or support service in volunteer management and managing schedules; or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience is required.
• Working knowledge of the following is preferred:
o Microsoft Office Suite (including Word and Excel) or other spreadsheet applications;
o Web-based Volunteer Information System (Volgistics);
o Aviation operations.
• Certification in Volunteer Management is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet changing needs and deadlines;
• Proven team player who shows the utmost respect for others and works collaboratively with peers and team members;
• Document staff activities and results;
• Balance need of volunteer staff with needs of organization;
• Remain flexible in changing situations;
• Proven experience with conducting group or individual training;
• Express ideas clearly and respectfully both in written and verbal communication;
• Ability to:
o Learn and apply a broad knowledge of administrative procedures and office operations;
o Plan, organize and schedule all phases of production to achieve quality products on schedule and within budget; facilitate group sessions;
o Demonstrate a commitment to valuing differences among individuals and passion for being inclusive;
o Understand what motivates volunteer workers;
o Plan and organize own work and the work of others;
o Organize workload to meet changing priorities and deadlines;
o Organize and prioritize work, with frequent interruptions;
o Make decisions in the absence of specific direction in-line with existing policies and procedures;
o Adjust work schedule to accommodate peak work periods and meet on-call/flexible work requirements;
o Maintain inventory uniforms and supplies;
o Stand for prolonged periods of time, moving between work areas throughout the terminal, and lift and carry up to 35 lbs;
o Maintain confidentiality;
o Work with ambiguity of a continuously changing environment; and,
o Apply principles and techniques to direct and motivate volunteers.
• Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
• Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
• Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
• ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that he or she needs an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6690
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.governmentjobs.com/jobs/2514059-0/volunteer-program-coordinator/agency/portofportland