Post Date: 03/06/2020
Close Date: 04/24/2020
Special Project, Full-Time
32 Positions Available, Scheduled to work 40 hours per week June 2020 – August 2020.
Looking for summer teaching experience? Come join the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry! This position assists in the presentation of science classes. You’ll also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Assist teacher with classroom management by modeling appropriate behavior.
• Assist teacher with classroom management by actively engaging students in activities and intervening when directed by instructor.
• Work cooperatively with instructors, coordinators, assistants and volunteers.
• Communicate with diverse audiences and assist in the presentation of lively and entertaining science programs.
• Facilitate hands-on science activities.
• Assist in classroom set-up, clean-up and maintenance of a safe learning environment.
• Teach/Lead science activities, demonstrations and projects with help of lead instructor.
• Facilitate safety and learning while chaperoning field trips.
What you’ll need:
• Ability to follow basic instructions.
• Good customer service skills.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Good organizational skills.
• Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
• High School diploma or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Working knowledge of a science or education oriented field.
• Minimum 1 year experience supervising, tutoring or teaching students in at least one of the age levels from pre-school through eighth grade.
• Current CPR and first aid certification (training can be provided at the cost of the employee).
• Pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• $13.25 - $14.00 per hour, depending on experience.
• Competitive health benefits.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/423495.html to learn more and apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/423495.html