Post Date: 12/30/2019
Close Date: 01/20/2020
Oregon State Ecampus is a growing, innovative and collaborative organization with a commitment to providing high-quality online degrees and programs. Ecampus makes OSU’s exceptional learning experiences available to students throughout Oregon and around the world.
The Division of OSU Ecampus is seeking two Instructional Design Specialists. These are full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, fixed-term professional faculty positions. Reappointment is at the discretion of the Assistant Director of Course Development and Training (CDT) – Instructional Design.
The Instructional Design Specialist is a professional faculty member who reports to the Assistant Director of CDT – Instructional Design, within the Division of OSU Ecampus. OSU Ecampus is an innovative and creative organization with a commitment to providing nationally ranked online degrees and programs that offer access to high-quality education. OSU Ecampus includes Oregon State Ecampus (online degrees), Ecampus OER (open educational resources) and the Ecampus Research Unit (which conducts original research).
The person in this position provides knowledge and creativity in enhancing the development and design of hybrid and online courses; hands-on, full-service instructional design support for faculty developing hybrid and online courses, as well as open educational resources; consulting support to maintain a future-oriented vision for development; and develops and facilitates trainings for faculty related to hybrid and online course design and facilitation
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of this division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position supports these goals directly by ensuring that courses delivered through Ecampus are designed to include Universal Design for Learning principles and are fully accessible.
• Bachelor’s degree in adult education, instructional technology, curriculum design, or related field; OR a bachelor’s degree in another field with three years of online or hybrid course development or teaching experience at the college or university level.
• Experience authoring in a learning management system, for example, Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle.
• Demonstrated knowledge of developing materials using a universal design approach.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
• Experience interacting with diverse groups of people, especially in a professional context.
• Demonstrated ability to lead complex, time-sensitive projects to successful completion.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a customer-service oriented position.
• Demonstrated aptitude to solve problems with flexibility and creativity.
• Outstanding interpersonal, oral, electronic, and written presentation skills.
• A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
• Master’s degree in adult education, instructional technology, curriculum design, or related field.
• Education, experience, or expertise in engineering, science, or technical disciplines.
• Significant experience in hybrid or online course development or in instructional design or in faculty support.
• Strong understanding of pedagogy and learning theories, specifically as applied to hybrid and online higher education.
• Demonstrable commitment to remaining informed about emerging pedagogies and learning theories.
• Experience working in higher education, especially in developing or teaching hybrid or online courses, and/or with instructional development and support.
• Familiarity with multimedia, Web 2.0 tools, social learning tools, and web design technology.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
For more details and to apply please go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/86697
Complete details: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/86697