Post Date: 02/22/2019
Close Date: 03/30/2019
The foundation for lifelong wellbeing starts in childhood and builds through all stages of life. Sometimes, things happen in life that can crack or rock that foundation. It's never too late to reach out. LifeWorks NW provides compassionate care across the lifespan from the youngest children to older adults, to help strengthen wellbeing for all.
Purpose: Quality Management Director is responsible for developing and overseeing the infrastructure to support clinical quality, performance improvement and corporate compliance for LifeWorks NW programs and consumers. This person functions as a change agent utilizing performance improvement data analysis and external drivers to drive continuous improvement initiatives for LifeWorks NW. The Quality Management Director manages a department (staff) that assess and impacts improvement of consumer outcomes, organizational quality priorities and service area's key performance indicators through monitoring, analyzing, reporting and facilitating improvement of clinical processes and outcomes performance. This position also oversees the agency's corporate compliance program, external audits, corrective action plans and policy and procedure management. This position reports to the VP of Operations and partners with the VP of Clinical Services and the Service Director team providing consultation, investigation, reporting and facilitation for clinical quality metrics, improvement plans and rapid cycle improvement tactics.
Pay/Benefits: $71,048 to $85,258 per year. Full benefits.
- Master's degree in an approved mental health related field (must meet QMHP criteria as defined by state law) required; CADC preferred.
- Requires clinical experiences with psychiatric and substance use disorders.
- 3+ years in similar role/department within the behavioral health field preferred.
- Corporate Compliance Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of computer applications related to data management. Demonstrated competency in Access and/or SQL is preferred.
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness.
- Knowledge of and adherence to HIPAA rules and regulations that protect Personal Health Information (PHI).
- Ability to work effectively with consumers and co-workers. Ability to communicate clearly.
- A basic knowledge of ISSR/OARS practice processes.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills and able to maintain a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
- Good computer skills including a functional knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to master use of proprietary software including electronic health record system.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and maintains a cooperative working relationship with others in a culturally diverse environment.
LifeWorks NW believes that diversity strengthens our workforce and empowers our community. LifeWorks NW is an EEO/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status in accordance with law. www.lifeworksnw.org
Complete details: https://lifeworksnw.applicantpro.com/jobs/1007638.html