Post Date: 06/24/2019
Close Date: 11/29/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Platform Administrator to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Platform Administrator, you will serve as a technical resource on enterprise content management, collaboration and commercial off the shelf systems software products. Your responsibilities will include dealing with software, business analysis, research, problem solving, and system administration.
In this role, your work will be directly impacted by a large and complex computing environment with numerous operations system vendors, widely disparate hardware devices, and a broad range of internal/external customers/users. Major applications have critical regulatory requirements and deadlines and problems could affect the operations of other state agencies as well as agency partners.
Additionally, you will help other IT Staff solve problems and deal with major system crashes. You will provide technical expertise for staff on new system development and existing modifications. You will also make technical recommendations to assist management decisions and be responsible for project planning and schedules.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Platform Administrator, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Five (5) years of information systems experience in Platform or Server Administration. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Platform or Server Administration. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND
One (1) year of information systems experience in Platform or Server Administration. OR (d) A Master’s degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Experience performing typical Server/Platform administrative activities such as backup, restoration, and end user resolution.
• Experience as a Server/Platform Administrator in the analysis, design, and delivery of server-based solutions.
• Strong working knowledge of Server/Platform technologies such as: Windows Server administration, SQL Server, Internet Information Server, Active Directory, SSL and/or PowerShell.
• Ability to ensure the Servers/Platforms are compliant with Agency Disaster Recovery Policies.
• Extensive knowledge of system analysis and administration.
• Expert knowledge of common network and server hardware/software components and issues.
• Extensive knowledge of ITIL based Service Operations Processes.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.