Post Date: 02/13/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Title of Position: Payroll and Benefits Specialist
Position Type: FT, Hourly, Non-Exempt
Pay/Benefits: Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Portland Opera's benefit package includes: 100% employer paid medical and dental premiums employee only, life insurance, LTD, generous paid time off, and holiday pay. In addition our benefits include perks like 2 complimentary tickets to each of our opera productions, and free parking at our Hampton Opera Center.
Location: Portland, Oregon
Description of Responsibilities: The Payroll and Benefits Specialist is responsible for processing payroll for two subsidiaries; Portland Opera Association and Portland Theatre Productions. This position reports to the Director of Finance & Administration. In addition, this position works directly with all staff members with regards to payroll and benefit-related issues.
ADP Work Force Now is used as our payroll software - knowledge and experience with this software is an essential requirement for this position.
• Absolutely required: ADP Work Force Now is used as our payroll software - knowledge and experience with this software is a requirement for this position - do not apply without this required experience.
• A minimum of 3-5 years related payroll and accounting experience.
• Ability to work independently under limited supervision.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks.
• Computer proficiency required, including knowledge of Excel, Word and experience with standard accounting software systems.
• Ability to communicate with Controller, Director of Finance & Administration, Disbursement Specialist, HR Manager, and all employees. As well as benefit vendors regarding invoice questions and employee eligibility and enrollment questions.
• Positive, collaborative team approach to work.
• Ability to encourage and promote a paperless approach to all payroll functions
• Payroll experience working with union environments
Must have working knowledge of basic bookkeeping methods and payroll rules and regulations. Experience with union payrolls and work rules, intermediate Excel and Word. Must be organized and accurate with the ability to multi task in fast paced, changing, and project oriented work environment, strong communication skill both verbally and in writing.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should forward resume, cover letter and three references to OperaJobs@portlandopera.org Please, no phone calls
For information about Portland Opera, and to review the complete job description and requirements for this position, please visit our website at www.PortlandOpera.org
ABOUT PORTLAND OPERA
Our mission is to inspire, challenge and uplift our audiences by creating productions of high artistic quality that celebrate the beauty and breadth of opera.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Portland Opera, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and we are an equal opportunity employer. POA will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to eliminating barriers to access and equity and see a diverse workforce as a key step toward this goal. We invite you to join us on our journey.
Portland Opera is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization and an Equal Opportunity Employer.