Post Date: 05/05/2020
Close Date: 05/31/2020
Intake and Assessment Screener
Full Time, Full Benefits
Job Req: 1194
The Central Intake and Assessment Screener is responsible for collecting information and assessing the need for mental health and substance use disorder services, scheduling intake appointments at various clinics and providing resource information. The position coordinates with Clinical Managers and department leadership to best meet access and initial services needs of families.
The ideal candidate for this position will enjoy interacting with people via the phone, be able to engage in problem solving, and tactfully respond to challenges and concerns.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Screens and assesses referrals to determine appropriate level and needs for services.
• Refers clients or families to mental health crisis services/resources when necessary.
• Checks client insurance eligibility through external systems and collaborate with the family as needed.
• Demonstrates an aptitude for learning electronic health record systems.
• Demonstrates the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, detail-oriented environment while using time efficiently.
• Collaborates with all areas within Morrison in addition to external partners; primary care clinics, insurance providers, public schools, DHS, other community providers etc.
Program: Outpatient Services
Education and Work Experience:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Bachelor’s degree in mental health related field or a combination of education and experience
• Must have current QMHA certification or the ability to obtain within 3 months of hire
• Proficiency with frequently used office software and applications
• Experience with electronic health records
• Knowledge of state and county systems and resources strongly preferred
• Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
Pass a DHS criminal history background
Meets agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Range:
Intake and Assessment Screener: $16.00 - $17.02
Bilingual (Spanish) Intake and Assessment Screener: $17.44 - $18.55
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
•Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Intake and Assessment Screener” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center Intake and Assessment Screener
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We'll keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/intake-and-assessment-screener/