Post Date: 07/16/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Title: Site Director
Department: School Age
Reports To: Program Manager
Wage: $18-19.50 per hour DOE
Who we are: Neighborhood House has been bringing the community together to help neighbors in need since 1905. We’re here for families facing hunger and homelessness, vulnerable seniors and children who need help in school.
What we do: Our programs help low-income, recent-immigrant and other vulnerable people overcome challenges so they can achieve success, stability and independence.
This position is mostly administrative with some teaching duties. A site director is responsible for managing an on- site before and after school program at Sabin School in NE Portland. Site directors oversee the creation of a classroom structure and curriculum, work with children before and after school, and manage other staff on site. This position also requires a highly organized self- manager who can keep track of paperwork, licensing requirements and communications with parents, supervisors and PPS employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Manage a before and after school program serving children ages 5-12 using PBIS (or PreK if applicable)
• Supervise Lead Teachers, Teachers and assistants, holding them to the expectations listed in their job description
• Ensure coherence and consistency among site members by facilitating daily team meetings before PM program and regular check- ins with AM staff
• Assist Program Manager in tracking budget expenditures and doing budget planning for your site and the school age program
• Assist the development team in any grant requests or reports
• Communicate with parents and school officials regularly regarding daily activities and needs including facilitating the publishing and distributing of a monthly newsletter
• Attend all staff meetings and remind your staff of these meetings
• Collaborate with program manager and other site directors to plan monthly staff meetings and team meetings and other program events
• Communicate regularly with the program manager regarding staff performance, student behaviors, school relations, licensing infractions, and other program needs
• Ensure the creation and availability of a snack menu each week that complies with licensing expectations
• Oversee the development of curriculum and activity plans and ensure there are age appropriate activities available daily with adequate supplies
• Become familiar with and adhere to licensing regulations for the program and school rules and requirements
• Supervise staff as they work with children in the program and step in where needed to help with behavior challenges, demonstrate appropriate teaching methods, maintain ratio or meet other needs
• Ensure professionalism in yourself and your site by refraining from and discouraging gossip, maintaining a positive attitude, and addressing challenges as they arise
• Assist the program manager in the recruitment process
• Delegate job duties as needed to Lead Teachers and Teachers
• Work with the program manager to ensure that you have the necessary staff onsite during service hours or step into ratio yourself
• Assign staff to classrooms/ groups of children daily and be available to assist if needed
• Assign lead teachers to directly train any new staff at your site and checking in regularly with all staff regarding performance
• Assist program manager in the enrollment process for each family in your program ensuring that all necessary documents are signed and payments are made before the family attends the program
• Manage folders and necessary documentation for all students and staff as required by licensing
Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• At least 2 years of experience working with children in a licensed facility
• Knowledge of child development for ages K-12 with documentation to prove such as college transcripts, training certificates, CDA or at least step 9 in the Oregon Registry
• At least 2 years training/ experience in management and supervision of adults
• Ability to send and receive email, create and manage spreadsheets online, manage own and staff time and attendance via ADP, operate site cell phone/ voice mail and other electronic equipment
• Obtain a minimum of 24 hours of job related training each licensing year and submit to ORO
This is a shortened job posting, to view the job description in full, please click one of the links below.
Via Email: Send Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com
You may also apply for the position via email if the above links aren't working for you, we just ask that you please try the application through ADP first before emailing.
Please be sure to include the posting title you are applying for, and also where you heard about this position.
Complete details: www.nhpdx.org