Post Date: 04/15/2019
Close Date: 04/28/2019
Oregon State University Ecampus invites applicants for a full-time Enrollment Services Specialist.
OSU Ecampus is a fast-growing, innovative organization with a commitment to providing nationally ranked online degrees and programs that offer access to high-quality education. OSU Ecampus includes Oregon State Ecampus (online degrees), Ecampus OER (open educational resources) and the Ecampus Research Unit (which conducts original research).
The Enrollment Services Specialist is pivotal to the success of Ecampus programs as the incumbent represents Ecampus and Oregon State University as the first point of contact to prospective Ecampus students. The Enrollment Services Specialist must provide excellent customer service and quickly become knowledgeable about all Ecampus programs, services, and the OSU recruitment, admission, and enrollment regulations and processes in order to properly advise and recruit for Ecampus programs. Enrollment Services Specialists interacts with prospective students who have diverse backgrounds and who live in all 50 states and more than 50 countries.
This position advises on complex and detailed information on Ecampus academic programs and university policies and procedures. The Enrollment Services Specialist develops and maintains information and records that drive recruitment and enrollment initiatives. The incumbent coordinates information as needed by the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services, the Director of Marketing and the Executive Director of Market Development and Student Experience. Communication with students is primarily via phone, emails and other electronic means, but sometimes is face to face.
Oregon State University and OSU Ecampus maintain and enhance a collaborative and inclusive community that is dedicated to equity and equal opportunity. All employees of the division are responsible for ensuring that these commitments are achieved. This position directly contributes to those goals by providing a personal connection to OSU Ecampus for all prospective applicants and by collaborating with Ecampus team members and university partners to enhance the enrollment process for online and nontraditional learners.
• Two years of technical or professional-level experience advising and/or instructing the public concerning specific programs or processes, monitoring programs, or performing participant reviews.
• Two years of professional experience advising and/or instructing the public concerning specific programs or processes, including experience with individualized customer service and relationship- building.
• Excellent written and verbal communications.
• Exceptionally high accuracy level and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently, setting and meeting personal deadlines.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Experience with word processing, email, spreadsheets and database systems.
• Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
• Experience participating in and/or leading teams.
• This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in Youth Programs may have additional Criminal History Checks every 24 months.
• Bachelor’s degree of choice.
• Experience working with non-traditional learners.
• Experience working in higher education and serving prospective or current students.
• Experience with BANNER, Datawarehouse, CORE, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
OSU seeks diversity as a source of enrichment for our university community. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
To view posting details and to apply go to http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/75105
Posting closes April 28, 2019
Complete details: http://jobs.oregonstate.edu/postings/75105