Post Date: 01/03/2020
Close Date: 01/31/2020
Position: Executive Assistant Scheduler
Status: Full time
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Work Schedule: Monday- Friday 8:30am-5:00pm; occasional evening and weekends
Compensation: Starting at $50,000/annually
Dress for Success Oregon (DFSO) is strong and growing as the leading workforce development organization for women (self-identified womxn, trans-women, and non-binary folx) in Oregon and SW Washington. Our mission is to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. We do this through a "relational" model of support that emphasizes listening, modeling, supporting, and innovating opportunities for the women who use our services to go beyond surviving to thriving. Founded in 1999 in Portland Oregon, DFSO is an affiliate of Dress for Success Worldwide that has 154 affiliates in 30 countries.
You may have only known DFSO as the organization that provides interview clothing for women in need. While that is an important part of what we do and who we are, we do much more than that. Our vision for the future is that all women in Oregon and SW Washington are achieving economic independence and stability.
What we value:
Let's start with what we value. First and foremost, we value you! We value the individual talents and knowledge that you bring. DFSO is a Social Enterprise, which means we value a self-starter mentality, entrepreneurial thinking, creativity, innovation, risk, failure, and learning. We want you to grow, learn, and explore.
Our core values:
• We RESPECT ourselves and all
• We have EMPATHY for all.
• We use TRANSPARENCY in our communication with each other.
• We have ACCOUNTABILITY for our actions. We act consistently with follow-through.
• We are committed to REMOVING BARRIERS TO EQUAL ACCESS due to the intersectional nature of oppression.
• We are SOCIAL ENTREPRENEURS and solve problems humanely, creatively and sustainably
• We “walk the walk” and act with INTEGRITY
• We work to COLLABORATE as a connected team.
These values help us create a culture of clarity, consistency, and belonging so that each employee feels welcomed and is able to contribute their best work to continue to further our collective mission.
The Executive Assistant Scheduler is responsible for the scheduling and intake of clients referred to DFSO, and managing the CEO’s calendar. This position is also responsible for maintaining the front office and reception area.
● Client Services
o Greet all clients, volunteers and visitors to DFSO
o Schedule all client appointments via inbound and outbound phone calls and emails
o Follow up with appointment reminder calls
o Maintain client appointment waitlists
o Follow up with clients after first clothing appointment to determine their employment status and suggest other services as applicable
o Check-in clients for appointments, ensure they complete the necessary paperwork
o Prepare forms for personal shoppers
o Work closely with DFSO program staff to continuously develop and evaluate the scheduling and intake process
● General Office
o Answer phones, take messages, deliver messages, transfer calls
o Maintains inventory of office equipment and supplies and coordinates purchase of new items; order business cards for employees
o Maintain reception and lobby area
o Complete monthly CRM database audit
o Manage office mail distribution and signage and phones during office closures
o Other duties as assigned
● Executive Assistant
o Schedules meetings and other appointments for the CEO
o Manage CEO’s schedule, appropriately balancing priorities; Staying informed of priorities to manage competing demands on time
o Drafts correspondence for CEO
Education and Experience
• 5-8 years executive level scheduling and general administrative experience in a fast-paced environment. Prior work experience in a corporate environment or law firm preferred
• Interest and experience in working as part of a team, and supporting multiple people
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel required
• Experience with Salesforce highly preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience. No degree required but preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Able to manage frequent changes with a sense of urgency and an attitude of flexibility
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to capture and organize information accurately, in a high-volume, fluid environment
• Ability to work and make decisions independently, balanced with the ability to accept direction from manager, CEO, and other stakeholders
• Collaborative orientation and ability to work well within a team
• Sound professional judgement and discretion
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours – SOME EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK REQUIRED DURING DFSO EVENTS
What we offer our employees
● A community of people dedicated to empowering women and working in a collaborative environment within a supportive and passionate team.
● Knowing your work is helping our organization to change the lives of women and their families right here in Oregon.
● Insurance: health/dental insurance.
● Retirement: 401K, discretionary match
● PTO: 15 days of PTO to start annually
● Other benefits: short-term and long-term disability and life insurance.
● Other perks: additional paid winter and summer breaks (1 week each), and a paid sabbatical after 5 years, personal shopping opportunities, employee emergency fund, volunteer time off, snacks and coffee, occasional staff lunches, holiday parties, employee training including leadership opportunities
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume and a cover letter that tells us why you’d be a great fit for this position in PDF format to email@example.com, using “(Title of position: Your Name)” in the subject line.
Dress for Success Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
Complete details: https://oregon.dressforsuccess.org/about-us/jobs/