Post Date: 01/21/2020
Close Date: 02/16/2020
Multiple Positions Available
To Apply please visit careers.pps.net and search for JOB # 20495
Closing Date: 2/16/2020
FTE (or hrs/week): 1.0 (40 hours)
Salary Schedule: SEIU Bargaining Agreement Appendix B-$14.95 per hour
Full-Time Civil Service Custodian
The Custodian is responsible for performing general custodial care of the building and grounds as directed by his/her supervisor. The Custodian is responsible for the general maintenance of the building and grounds following the work shift of the Head Custodian. Under the supervision of a Head Custodian, the Custodian sweeps, dusts, cleans walls, and mops the gymnasium, cafeteria, library, rest rooms, and/or auditorium areas of the school, as well as halls and classrooms.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Cleans and dusts offices and classrooms.
2. Sweeps, mops and waxes floors, washes windows, cleans sumps, vacuums, cleans and spot cleans carpets.
3. Empties wastebaskets and garbage cans.
4. Cleans restrooms, kitchens, and all types of rooms.
5. Changes lights, sweeps gymnasium courts and cafeterias.
6. Performs minor maintenance.
7. Performs general custodial duties.
8. Sets up facilities for after school activities.
9. Aids staff in moving heavy, bulky items.
10. On call after hours for emergency assistance to the building if needed.
11. May be required to lock and secure buildings.
12. Able and willing to engage in building wide Equity initiatives.
13. Performs other reasonably related duties as assigned.
1. Basic reading, writing, and oral communication skills in English.
2. Demonstrated ability to understand and carry out written and oral directions, ask questions, and seek the direction or assistance of the head Custodian.
3. Ability to use good judgment and communicate successfully with the building Principal, students, teachers, staff and the general public during and after school hours.
4. Ability to work successfully with diverse employees and perform consistently with a customer service model.
5. Ability to learn and operate boilers, heating and ventilation and simple maintenance.
6. Ability to operate minor mechanical equipment such as waxers, polishers, scrubbers, edgers, power lawn mowers, wet/dry vacuums etc.
7. Working knowledge of district cleaning materials, methods, equipment and principles of sanitation.
8. Demonstrated ability to exercise good judgment in general plant surveillance for building protection and occupant safety.
9. Proficient with basic computer skills.
10. Ability to be on call, after hours, for emergency assistance to the building if needed.
Complete details: careers.pps.net