Post Date: 09/04/2019
Close Date: 10/01/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Enterprise Architect to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As an Enterprise Architect, you will work collaboratively with other architects, IT managers, the business, and staff to develop Enterprise Architecture standards, policies and guidelines to ensure appropriate application, implementation, and compatibility with architectural and technical standards. You will provide expert advice on architectural approaches to technology applications in support of mission critical and important business capabilities and processes.
In this role, you will work with leadership and subject matter experts, to build holistic views of the organizations’ strategy, processes, information, and technology assets. You will use this knowledge to ensure alignment of the business and IT organizations. You will also link IT strategy to the mission, vision, values, goals, objectives, strategies, and processes of the Department of Human Services (DHS) and the Oregon Health Authority (OHA), documenting the multiple architectural models or views showing how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an effective, efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner.
Additionally, you will operate across organizational and computing "silos" to drive towards common and effective approaches and expose information assets and processes across the enterprise. Your goal will be to provide context for architectural decisions, ensuring the designs for IT solutions align with the business goals and objectives of OHA and DHS, as well as with the IT resources, processes and tools used to provide those solutions. You will lead the use of best practices for the design of domain architectures in support of the strategic directions of DHS, OHA, and the Office of Information Services (OIS). You will also serve as the research leader for major agency technology studies and initiatives.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Enterprise Architect, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Seven (7) years of information systems experience in Enterprise Architecture and Strategic Planning. OR (b) An Associate's degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND Five (5) years of information systems experience in Enterprise Architecture and Strategic Planning. . OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND Three (3) years of information systems experience in Enterprise Architecture and Strategic Planning. OR (d) A Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND One (1) year of information systems experience in Enterprise Architecture and Strategic Planning. OR (e) A Doctor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
• Strong working knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks and related architectural concepts such as:
o The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF),
o Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA),
o Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF),
o Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA), and/or
o Service Integration Platforms
• Ability to analyze project, program and portfolio needs and to determine the resources needed to achieve objectives and overcome cross-functional barriers.
• Ability to assess rapidly changing technologies and apply them to business needs.
• Solid understanding of metamodels, taxonomies, and ontologies, as well as the challenges of applying structured modeling techniques to less structured sources.
• Knowledge of problem analysis, structured analysis and design.
• Expertise in enterprise-level system, service, process and data modeling.
• Familiarity with agency programs and services.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to work with business users and to build and maintain strong professional relationships.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.