Post Date: 07/22/2019
Close Date: 08/19/2019
Portland State University (PSU) is a thriving campus of 27,000 students in downtown Portland, easily accessible by bike and public transit and surrounded by many restaurants, food carts, parks, and local businesses. PSU is committed to offering opportunity to students from a variety of backgrounds, and prides itself on providing access for low-income and nontraditional students. Our motto to “let knowledge serve the city” reflects our dedication to finding innovative, sustainable solutions to local and global problems. Our location in the heart of one of America’s most dynamic cities gives our students unmatched access to career connections and an internationally acclaimed culture scene.
PSU’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) empowers students, faculty, and staff through technology, and has been ranked on the Computerworld Best Places to Work in IT in the nation for three years running. Our number one value is our employees: we support a culture of inclusion, actively encourage a healthy work-life balance, and strive to support our employees professionally and personally. PSU offers an impressive tuition discount and we encourage our staff to take advantage of this, be it for pursuing a degree or personal interest. We are a department of dynamic, engaged, collaborative, and communicative people, and seek to attract more of the same. Read more about why we’re a great place to work at https://www.pdx.edu/oit/employment
Enterprise Solutions (ES) supports the University's enterprise application, integration, and data management needs.
As the CRM Consultant, you will be a member of the OIT CRM Team, which currently supports two university-wide CRMs, CampusNexus and Slate. During the first year, your position will focus on the implementation of Slate, which is scheduled to be rolled out in 2019 and 2020. You will be a member of the implementation team, providing technical and functional support for the graduate and undergraduate admissions teams. You can expect a very busy first year, as we work through how best to implement this exciting new technology. Post implementation, you will move into providing on-going support for the campus users of Slate, including training, trouble-shooting, and new feature exploration and configuration. Following the Slate implementation, you may also begin supporting CampusNexus or another enterprise CRM.
A day in the life of the CRM Technology Consultant:
Your day might start with reviewing your email inbox, and prioritizing your outstanding requests, perhaps turning some into Jira (OIT’s work tracking solution) tickets. You will mostly work out of Jira, which is also used to track project related tasks and problem resolution. You might attend a meeting or two with either your team or a broader university team. You could also have a 1:1 scheduled with a customer to work through system problems. As a Slate “Captain” you will interact with Technolutions, following up on tickets reported by you on behalf of the customer. Finally, you will spend a good part of your day working in Slate, such as adjusting configurations, assisting with writing marketing campaigns, or researching access issues.
Skills and Requirements
At minimum, you will have the following experience and qualifications:
-Minimum of 3 years experience in application support and configuration.
-Proven success providing exceptional end-user customer service
-Experience providing formal and informal trainings (workshops, one-on-one, online, etc.).
-Proven ability to work in a collaborative and technical environment as a team player
-Strong interpersonal skills, including both technical and non-technical interactions.
-Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, production environment and to provide occasional evening and weekend support.
- Ability to take a positive approach even when working against deadlines.
Additionally, as a successful candidate, you will have some or many of the following preferred qualifications:
- Slate CRM Experience
- Other CRM Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Higher Education Experience
- Demonstrate OIT’s Key Attributes for Success:
- - - Coaching: you appropriately give, accept, and incorporate feedback from or to others.
- - - Communication: you exchange information and ideas well, verbally and in writing; communication is an essential tool for productivity and strong working relationships in OIT.
- - - Emotional Intelligence: you possess the capacity to be aware of, manage, and express your emotions; you handle interpersonal relationships with empathy and safety, enabling diverse types of people to work together.
- - - Proactive: you recognize and initiate opportunities to take action to prevent potential problems or mitigate risks.
- - - Team Player: you identify with the larger organizational team and your role within it; you share resources, respond to requests, and support our organizational strategy.
Key Cultural Competencies
- Creates an environment that acknowledges, encourages and celebrates differences.
- Functions and communicates effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds.
- Seeks opportunities to gain experience working and collaborating in diverse, multicultural, and inclusive settings with a willingness to change for continual improvement.
- Adheres to all PSU policies including the policies on Prohibited Discrimination & Harassment and the Professional Standards of Conduct.
The starting hourly rate for this position will be between $19.23 - $26.44/hr. The rate may be negotiable above this range, however it will be dependent upon the knowledge, experience, skills and abilities of the chosen candidate, the budget of the hiring department, and approval from HR. This includes an excellent benefits package including 95% employer paid premiums (employees and eligible dependents) and significantly reduced tuition rates for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Oregon Public Universities. After completing six full months employees are eligible to choose between our two employer paid pension programs in addition to two voluntary retirement programs. Wellness options include access to the PSU Rec Center at a reduced rate and free wellness programs. For a comprehensive view of all PSU benefits, visit the PSU Total Compensation Calculator page (https://www.pdx.edu/hr/psu-total-compensation-calculator).
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, please read the qualifications in the full job announcement and apply at https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/30483
If you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position or once you receive a position with Portland State University, please call 503-725-4926 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete details: https://jobs.hrc.pdx.edu/postings/30483