Post Date: 01/28/2019
Close Date: 02/15/2019
Salary Range: $50,990 - $67,099 annually.
Starting salary is $50,990 - $62,037 (depending upon qualifications), plus full benefits package.
Hiring a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve is essential to delivering exceptional City services and programs. The City of Hillsboro is committed to creating and supporting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees to thrive. We value, respect, and empower employees as unique individuals with authentic voices and diverse ideas.
Do you love surprising and delighting customers by delivering outstanding customer experiences in support of world-class products people rely on every day?
The Senior Customer Service Representative will represent the City of Hillsboro's fiber municipal broadband system and services with friendly and accurate inbound -- phone/chat/email -- customer service, delivering experiences to both residential and commercial customers that surprise, delight and reflect the City's core values and mission.
The Senior Customer Service Representative (CSR) will be responsible for assisting Hillsboro Broadband customers with subscribing to or changing services, basic technical troubleshooting, customer support, billing inquiries and other general inquiries. The ideal candidate will serve as a liaison between the city and the customer, and work with other city departments to deliver a high-level customer service experience.
Here’s what a typical day might include:
• Answering incoming customer phone calls, responding to inbound chats and customer emails, as well as potentially assisting walk-in customer traffic at front office locations, during assigned days/hours.
• Assisting customers with establishing new service orders, up-selling products, billing inquiries, technical troubleshooting, account modifications, and more.
• Serving the needs of both residential and business customers, building effective, collaborative relationships with other city departments, vendors, business partners and all broadband personnel.
• Creating provisioning and trouble ticket work orders, maintaining billing records, assuring any required updates on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
• Learning the City's sales and billing software, serving as the Broadband operation's primary expert and point of contact for the billing system and customer portal software. Learning and serving as the primary expert on the voice services provisioning system, customer service internal/external phone system and integrated CRM system.
• Participate in the development and implementation of strategies to enhance residential and small business customer satisfaction and loyalty.
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in this class is to serve customer needs, perform complex activities associated with, customer billing, broadband, payroll, and billing work involving the review, documentation, balancing, and reconciliation of various system and customer financial data. As assigned, incumbents may serve as lead workers making work assignments and monitoring the completion of work. Responsibilities include quality assurance and troubleshooting problem issues; entering data,; updating records and conducting billing procedures; reviewing documents for compliance with applicable policies and procedures; compiling and generating reports; providing customer service; procuring supplies; maintaining records, systems and inventories of supplies; preparing and processing data uploads; educating employees regarding procedures and systems; and conducting customer or account research.
Acceptable Experience and Training
High School Diploma or GED and 4 years of customer service related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Strong verbal and written skills are required. Must be able to fluently speak and write in both Spanish and English.
• Valid Driver’s License and safe driving record.
Please visit our website Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Jobs to apply online through our link. For an alternative to our online application system you may download and print an application packet.
Employment applications must be completed online or returned by mail, fax or in person by the closing deadline of the position. Applications received after the filing deadline, by email, or without a resume, cover letter, and supplemental questions will not be considered. Resumes will not substitute for the employment application. Applications may be submitted by fax to meet the application deadline.
City of Hillsboro
150 E Main Street, Second Floor
Hillsboro, Oregon 97123
The closing date for this position is 5:00 p.m., Friday, February 15, 2019. Qualified minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. EOE