Post Date: 01/29/2020
Close Date: 03/31/2020
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for Two (2) experienced Programmers with strong Mainframe skills to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
WHAT YOU WILL DO!
As a Senior Programmer, you will provide requirements documentation, systems analysis, design and development, and strategic planning and project coordination support to the Office of Information Services (OIS). You will support the Department of Human Services’ (DHS) Self-Sufficiency applications including web-based, client-server, mainframe and database solutions.
In this role, your primary focus will be on the design, development and implementation of OIS DHS Self-Sufficiency Program (SSP) projects per agency policies, procedures, processes and standards. Your responsibilities will include assisting with requirements gathering and analysis, feasibility analysis, creation and support of business database access software (both client and server); development, implementation and maintenance of internet sites and applications; and project and system planning, design and development of new systems.
Additionally, you will prepare IT reports and help develop presentations for delivery by other staff. Your emphasis will be systems analysis but you may also program depending on current project priorities.
A key focus of your role will be to serve in a technical leadership capacity on key applications in Self-Sufficiency areas such as the Client Maintenance (CM) and Food Stamps Management Information System (FSMIS). You may sometimes be required to support the Integrated Eligibility (IE) Project which will replace most client eligibility functions in legacy computer applications. You will also help execute consistent repeatable coding and testing practices within your team.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Six (6) years of information systems experience in Application Programming. OR (b) An Associate's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or a related field; AND Four (4) years of information systems experience in Application Programming. OR (c) A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field; AND Two (2) years of information systems experience in Application Programming. OR (d) A Master's degree or higher in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
• Strong working knowledge of Mainframe Applications and processes.
• Experience using web services and associated tools.
• Experience in object-oriented analysis, design and programming techniques.
• Expert-level knowledge of relational database techniques related to application development.
• Expert-level knowledge of Mainframe Environments using COBOL and structured programming techniques.
• Education, training and experience in CICS, TSO, Easytrieve, VSAM and DB2.
• Proficiency in DB2 including usage of tables, indexes, constraints, triggers and stored procedures.
• Outstanding customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in advancing health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We offer a workplace that balances productivity with enjoyment; promote an atmosphere of mutual respect, dedication, and enthusiasm. You will collaborate in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year plus pension and retirement plans. If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, the Oregon Health Authority is the place for you.