Post Date: 10/05/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Do you love to coach and mentor? Would you like a management level position in social services—one that combines a small caseload with supervision?
If so, United Cerebral Palsy (UCP) might have the perfect job for you! UCP is one of the top 100 non-profit employers in Oregon, and we offer great benefits, paid sabbatical for managers, and plenty of opportunities for growth and fun.
We’re currently seeking a Manager for our Supported Employment Department (on our Job Coach team), which is known as Employment Solutions. We support adults with disabilities to find (and keep) their dream jobs in the community—whether that’s working at a hip bicycle parts factory, an office, or a natural foods store.
As our Supported Employment Manager, you’ll join a small, fun, close-knit team. You’ll also receive a huge amount of paid professional development, including up to 6 months of paid training and classes during your first year.
Your schedule will be reasonably flexible and self-directed, but you will typically work five days per week with the potential to work 4 longer days (9 hours/day) and 4 hours from home on Saturday. Many of your direct reports work on Saturday so there is a need to be available on Saturday for at least 4 hours. Also, there will be occasional evening work.
You’ll work out of our office in NE Portland about 60% of the time, and you’ll spend about 40% of your time working in the community, as you support your caseload and interact with your staff.
• Supervise approximately 9 Job Coaches, including hiring, performance management, scheduling, coaching, and mentoring. You will meet with your employees at our office or at their various job sites in the Portland Metro area.
• Manage a caseload of approximately 3 adults to maintain their dream jobs. You’ll help them identify and overcome employment barriers, determine skill levels, and set goals. You will also provide some initial coaching as needed and maintain paperwork, including case files, progress notes, billing documents, and Individual Support Plans.
• Assist the Department Director to lead the team, including facilitating meetings, directing employees, and assisting with problem-solving.
• Serve as part of the Agency’s management team, including reviewing documentation, solving problems, and training new employees.
• $39,520 annual salary; exempt from overtime. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 4 weeks paid time off, rising to 5 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 8 paid holidays off per year.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage and expense reimbursement.
• Paid 8-week sabbatical after 10 years of service.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• A Bachelor’s Degree and at least 1 year direct human service job experience (working with people who have disabilities, seniors, at-risk youth, or other under-represented populations), or a high school diploma/GED and 2 years direct human service job experience.
• Able to drive on the job which means that you are at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance company), have a reliable personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, at least 3 years driving experience, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Able to pass a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50 lbs., and a criminal history background check.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise and lead other employees.
• Demonstrated experience balancing multiple work demands.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and make strategic decisions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate, relate, and connect to people within a diverse workforce.
• Supported Employment credentials such as Department of Human Services online core competency modules, Certified Employment Support Professional, ACRE, etc.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Supported Employment Manager (Job Coach Team)” job opening.
• Applicants that do not include a cover letter, will not be considered for the position.
• Applicants are encouraged to apply early because they will be considered as soon as they apply.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about us at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
• Find out more about UCP’s Supported Employment team at: https://www.facebook.com/employportland.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/8A7AE90217