Post Date: 05/06/2019
Close Date: 05/20/2019
POLICE RECORDS SPECIALIST
Salary Range: $3,766 to $4,807 per month.
Starting salary is $3,766 to $4,359 per month, (depending on qualifications), plus benefits.
General Statement of Duties
The principal function of an employee in this class is to perform a broad range of Police Records functions and specialized administrative duties from routine to complex in support of police activities. The work is performed under the supervision and direction of the Police Records Supervisor or Manager, but leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgment and initiative. The principal duties of this class are performed in a police department environment. Normal working hours will include being assigned to any one of several shifts: day shift, afternoon shift, night shift, weekdays or weekends. Shifts and days off may rotate based on operational need. This is a non-exempt position and is subject to the terms and conditions of a collective bargaining agreement.
Acceptable Experience and Training
High School Diploma or GED and 2 years general police department operations or general office support; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Valid State Driver’s License and safe driving record;
• Law Enforcement Data System (LEDS) certification within sixty days of hire;
• Must be able to pass an extensive background check.
Please visit our website at Hillsboro-Oregon.gov/Jobs for more information and a link to apply online. If you are unable to apply online you may:
• Download and print the Application Packet TM (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) from our website.
• Pick up application materials from the City of Hillsboro Human Resources Department, 150 E Main St. Floor 2, Hillsboro, OR 97123. Office hours are Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Employment applications must be completed online or returned by mail, fax or in person by the closing deadline of the position. Applications received after the filing deadline, by email, or without a resume and supplemental responses will not be considered. Resumes will not substitute for the employment application. Applications may be submitted by fax to meet the application deadline.
Complete details: www.hillsboro-oregon.gov/Jobs