Post Date: 01/29/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
This position will report to the Business Development/Marketing Manager and play a lead role preparing proposals and marketing materials, assisting with pre-marketing/business development efforts, and handling diverse assignments supporting our overall marketing function. This position will mentor and guide other staff in their work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Leading role coordinating assigned proposal efforts
• Write proposal sections
• Provide skilled proofreading, editing, and content development
• Perform final document production
• Provide support for marketing database implementation, PR/industry-relations tasks, presentation graphics, market research, and special projects related to local and regional marketing and business development initiatives
• Be a brand ambassador: facilitating firm-wide fluency in OBEC’s history and strategic plan
• Mentor and guide other staff in proposal work and business development
• Perform other related duties as assigned
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Business, or related field from an accredited university.
• Five (5) years of marketing, writing, editing, and proofreading experience (experience must include being the lead person on proposal work)
• Meticulous editing and proofreading skills are essential
• Advanced proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint)
• Experience organizing and coordinating completion of complex documents or proposals
• Strong grammar and writing skills along with ability to interpret technical information and adapt it to a non-technical audience with a client-oriented focus
• Ability to edit/rewrite resumes, project descriptions, and other content for custom purposes
• Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and fully competent verbal, written, presentation, and listening communication skills
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines while meeting quality standards and on-time delivery
• Ability to wok under tight deadlines (often on short notice)
• Previous experience working in a team and also able to work proficiently on your own
• Experience in the A/E/C industry
• SPMS CPSM Certification
• Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign)
• Knowledge and experience with databases including Deltek Vision (CRM)
• Experience with database development and operations
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
This work is typically done within an office environment with occasional field work at project/construction sites.
• Normal working hours will be 8 am – 5 pm, but may vary depending on project demands
• Overtime work may be required based on work deadlines
• Extended periods of sitting, standing, and walking around the office; occasional field assignment supporting engineering design functions
• Ability to move, lift, pull, and push up to 30 lbs.
• Minimal travel may be required for this position: to other offices or to drop off proposals
OBEC Consulting Engineers is committed to being an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Persons with a Disability. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran status and disability status. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, veteran status, disability status, or another other characteristic protected by law.