Post Date: 09/28/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Campus Room Scheduler
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09495
Location: CLIMB Center
Address: 1626 SE Water Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Classified; Salary Level 16, Fulltime, Non-Exempt
Starting Salary Range: The first two steps of the range are: $2,873 to $2,959 per month. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
Only current Portland Community College Staff (other than "Student" and "Casual" employees) are eligible to apply for this opening
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
- Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of Sick Leave per month
- 24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
- 11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates classroom assignments and performs facilities scheduling for numerous classes each term using scheduling software and Banner applications. Acts as liaison between college departments and divisions regarding room utilization to ensure efficient use of space.
2. Coordinates facility assignments for non-class events using scheduling software and Banner applications. Meets with the public to provide building information, estimates charges, arranges for custodial setup, and orders equipment for events.
3. Communicates with campus security, parking, plant services and other appropriate departments regarding arrangements for special events taking place on college property.
4. Generates and revises contracts for special events. Evaluates events for risk levels and coordinates with appropriate PCC offices for approval of Certificates of Insurance.
5. Invoices all chargeable facility use events according to state and federal regulations. Maintains accounting for invoices, payments received and personnel costs for each event. Reports income to PCC Financial Services.
6. Maintains and publishes a weekly calendar of events.
7. Makes recommendations on revisions to facility use policies and procedures.
8. Provides tours of facilities for future use by staff and outside customers.
9. Is in a customer facing role and works within the continuing education operations team and provides customer service in person and on the phone to all customers at the CLIMB Center. This includes handling facility issues, problem solving in the moment, and communicating with all appropriate stakeholders.
10. May process incoming/outgoing mail and receive and secure package deliveries for assigned campus or college center.
11. May order and maintain an inventory of office and building supplies.
12. May provide training, guidance and direction to other employees.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (Note-experience requirements use full-time equivalent):
Three years of administrative office support experience (College or business school training may be substituted for up to two years of the experience requirement).
Contemporary office practices, procedures and techniques; spelling, vocabulary, math and grammar skills appropriate to the position; use and operation of personal computers and associated software, basic customer service standards and principles; other office resources and equipment including phones, fax and copy machines.
Develop and maintain effective working relationships; maintain a reliable and dependable attendance record; provide effective and responsive service to department customers and contacts; meet schedules and timelines; train and provide work direction to casual and student employees; work independently with minimal direction; perform all assigned tasks efficiently and accurately and create and maintain accurate records; possess and demonstrate the required level of proficiency in desktop computers and other software or electronic resources; learn and utilize Banner or other information systems and databases; create and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office setting. Exposure to video display terminal occurs regularly. Scheduling deadlines may create work pressure.
Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding. Position requires sitting for long periods in front of video terminal, and periods of standing and walking. Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling is required for moving equipment, furniture and other items.
Please respond to how you meet Preferred Qualifications 1-2 in your "Responses to the Required Questions" document.
1. Experience with complex computerized student information systems and applications;
2. Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze data, reason logically, draw valid conclusions, and make appropriate professional judgements.
3. Demonstrated student/customer-center services;
4. Demonstrated organizational and time management skills;
5. Demonstrated ability to interpret, explain, and apply complex policies and procedures;
6. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationship with faculty, staff, students, community member, and co-workers;
7. Demonstrated ability to maintain a positive and professional demeanor in a sometimes hectic work environment;
8. Ability to multitask while working independently with little supervision;
9. Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise communications both orally and in writing;
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - How do you meet Preferred Qualifications 1-2 -scroll to see questions below - (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1302603
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1302603