Post Date: 02/07/2020
Close Date: 03/20/2020
POSITION: Assistant Registrar
REPORTS TO: Registrar
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt, Benefitted
SCHEDULE: Full Time
The Assistant Registrar will work under the supervision of the Registrar to implement academic and administrative policies and procedures and maintain student academic records.
The Assistant Registrar provides support to the Registrar and assists to implement academic and administrative policies and procedures and maintain student academic records.
• Maintain the student records database
• Implement academic and administrative policies and procedures in the management of accurate student records
• Manipulate student information system to generate reports
• Review and maintain student information in both online systems and printed records
• Assist with organizational details relating to scheduling and registration
• Audit transcripts for graduation
• Audit records for students taking additional programs
• Assist with the organizational details of commencement, including ordering of diplomas
• Process transcript and enrollment verification requests for current students and alumni
• Assist with NSLDS monthly processing
• Assist with certifying veterans
• Act as liaison to coordinate activities with faculty, staff, students, community agencies, the offices of Financial Aid, Financial Services, Student Services, and Admissions
• Communicate with outside agencies regarding the appropriate provision of documentation in support of current students and alumni
• Other duties as assigned
Work is performed in a variety of settings including office and campus academic division/department offices. Work pressure, disturbances of workflow, and schedule irregularities are expected and occur on an intermittent basis. Exposure to video display terminals occurs on a regular basis. This position works in a shared office.
Learned physical skill is required to perform keyboarding functions. Minimal physical exertion required.
• Strong computer, communication, and analytical skills
• Attentive to detail
• Adept at working independently and meeting deadlines
• Capable of maintaining confidentially and exercising mature judgment
• Able to contribute as a member of a team
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends
• Experience working in higher education
• Experience with student information systems
• Experience with Microsoft Office
• College classes or degree that support the functions of the Registrar’s office
• Experience working in a Registrar’s office
• Experience certifying veterans
• PowerCampus database
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Please submit a cover letter, a resume and the names and contact information of three professional references.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, visit our website at: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/.
Click on the large orange button and follow the prompts.
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Complete details: https://www.uws.edu/job/assistant-registrar/