Post Date: 03/15/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Are you passionate about social justice? Would you like to work for one of the best non-profits in Oregon? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect position for you!
UCP Oregon is a unique, empowering and exciting place to work! We’re currently seeking a “Job Coach” to join our team within the Supported Employment department.
As a Job Coach, you’ll support a small caseload of adults who experience various disabilities. You’ll support your clients in community-based jobs and you’ll get to work with them one-on-one. The majority of your time will be spent at various job locations in Washington County. At the various job sites you will develop diverse supports for your clients, help them learn new tasks, strengthen skills, and check in with their managers and co-workers about their progress. Another responsibility is to develop an individualized transportation plan so your client can successfully get to/from their job. On occasion, you will need to provide transportation for the client if public transportation is not available.
You will work 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday) with an 8.5-hour shift between the hours of 8am to 6pm (8-hours of paid work plus .5 hour of unpaid lunch). Some flexibility is required, as the hours will vary slightly depending on your caseload’s hours. Some days you might work 8am to 4:30pm and other days you will work 9:30am to 6pm.
*You will spend approximately 60% of your time at various job sites with clients on your caseload and 40% of your time working remotely on administration-specific paperwork. Also, you will commute to our Northeast Portland office for team meetings, job-specific trainings, and team-building activities, especially during your first 90-days of employment. After the initial 90-days, time spent at our Northeast Portland office will be intermittent and on an as-needed basis. Our office is located near NE 102nd Avenue & Burnside.
You will work remotely to document your daily activities, generate monthly status reports, and develop your caseload’s Individual Support Plans. You will be managing your own daily schedule around your clients’ support needs with the guidance of your supervisor.
This is a great job for people who would like to transition into the field of Supported Employment, and for people who want to make a huge difference every day. This is an ideal opportunity to learn case management responsibilities and use your creative abilities to design adaptations for your clients to be successful in the workplace. You will also gain experience in client advocacy, networking, and developing professional relationships with employers and fellow support providers in the Washington County area.
• $13.56 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative (including massage therapy and naturopathy) coverage, for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and dependents.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• 3 weeks of paid time off per year, rising to 4 weeks off after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 8 paid holidays off per year.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Cell phone reimbursement.
• Eligible for placement and retention bonuses (up to $250 each bonus).
• On-going paid training.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to drive on the job: have a reliable personal vehicle, be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), a valid driver’s license, at least 3 years driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Must pass a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, reference check, and criminal history background check.
Experience in developmental disability field and previous coaching/mentoring experience preferred but not required
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Job Coach (Monday-Friday/Washington County)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is eager to hire a “Job Coach” as soon as possible so applicants will be considered as soon as they apply.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Find out more about UCP’s Supported Employment team at: https://www.facebook.com/employportland.
Complete details: https://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html