Post Date: 03/12/2019
Close Date: 05/31/2019
Are you passionate about social justice? Are you looking for a job that combines caseload management with person-centered service delivery?
If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job! We're ranked as one of the top 100 non-profit employers in Oregon, and we’re seeking several new Substitute Support Professionals.
As a Sub, you’ll empower people who experience various disabilities to have independent and fulfilling lives. You’ll get to choose when you work, and who you’ll support.
You’ll provide one-on-one supports to each person in their own home, assisting with household chores, cooking, medication administration, and personal hygiene. You’ll also get to form relationships as you do fun activities together.
This is a perfect fit for students and home business owners, and for anyone who is looking for a meaningful part-time job.
Hours & Location:
• We’re looking for employees who are available to work 2-4 shifts a week (totaling around 15-35 hours per week).
• Currently, daytime, overnight, and weekend shifts are available. However, we are in most need of Subs who are available to work daytime hours.
• Please note that hours are not guaranteed.
• $12.29 per hour.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Paid sick leave.
• Mileage reimbursement if driving for UCP.
• Fun, casual work environment and supportive teammates.
• The chance to work at a top-ranked non-profit with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth.
• High school diploma or GED.
• At least 18 years old.
• Must pass a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, reference check, and criminal history background check.
• Drivers preferred—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance company), have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Non-driving applicants—must be at least 18 years old and be proficient in the use of public transportation.
• Experience in developmental disability field preferred but not required.
- It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Substitute Caregiver (Your Choice of Hours)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
- UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds.
- Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html