Post Date: 12/09/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2020
Let’s do great things, together
Founded in Oregon in 1955, Moda is proud to be a company of real people committed to quality. Today, like then, we’re focused on building a better future for healthcare. That starts by offering outstanding coverage to our members, compassionate support to our community and comprehensive benefits to our employees. It keeps going by connecting with neighbors to create healthy spaces and places, together.
Moda values diversity and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to demonstrate our commitment to diversity through all our business practices and invite applications from candidates that share our commitment to this diversity. Our diverse experiences and perspectives help us become a stronger organization. Let’s be better together.
We are seeking an Account Executive, who will be providing external and internal support to the Manager, Marketing Service & Administration and Marketing Vice President contributing to the sale of new large account business and the service and retention of existing business via agents, brokers, consultants, and group administrators.
Please apply directly here: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27362012&refresh=true
Are you ready to be a betterist?
If you’re ready to make a difference that matters, we want to hear from you. Because it’s time to discover what’s possible.
Together, we can be more. We can be better.
Moda Health seeks to allow equal employment opportunities for all qualified persons without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
1. Bachelor degree or equivalent specializing in health insurance and/or marketing, sales, underwriting or math.
2. 2-4 years Marketing and health insurance industry experience.
3. Strong sales and presentation skills.
4. Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and Windows NT.
5. Strong statistical, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and detail orientation skills.
6. The ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals and groups related to the provision of services designed to retain existing accounts.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
8. Presents a positive and professional image in the communities we serve.
9. Maintain a valid driver’s license and a good driving record. Must be able to provide own reliable transportation.
10. Maintain a current Oregon Health Insurance license.
11. Ability to handle a push cart/hand truck and be able to lift boxes up to 40 pounds in and out of a car trunk.
12. Ability to be self-directed and work independently with little supervision.
13. Ability to come into work on time and on a daily basis.
14. Ability to work well under pressure with frequent interruptions and shifting priorities.
Complete details: https://j.brt.mv/ATS/jb.do?reqGK=27362012&refresh=true