Post Date: 10/04/2019
Close Date: 10/19/2019
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Nutrition and Health Screening (WIC Program) in Portland, OR is recruiting for a Management Administrative Specialist to provide confidential administrative support to the Section Manager, Operations Manager, and the Nutrition and Local Services Manager to ensure compliance with program and grant requirements. The WIC program is designed to improve health outcomes and influence lifetime nutrition and health behaviors in a targeted, at-risk population. Nutrition education is the cornerstone of the WIC Program.
What you will do!
As the Management Administrative Specialist, you will ensure compliance with program and grant requirements by coordinating and tracking the WIC annual state plan submission. You will establish and maintain tracking systems for program activities, legislative bills, internal policies, data, correspondence and other documentation. You will perform complex and advanced word processing to create a wide range of documents and enter confidential data.
In addition, you will plan and coordinate meetings, trainings and other events, reserve technical equipment, create agendas, take and distribute meeting minutes, as well as manage multiple calendars with Outlook calendaring software. You will be an active participant on the team to support other staff members in the performance of shared duties and responsibilities. You will also be the go-to person to provide computer user support for issues that arise with technical equipment.
What’s in it for you?
Are you technically savvy with databases and software applications? Do you have demonstrated experience in project management? Are your writing skills advanced and include the proper use of grammar, spelling and punctuation? Then look no further! This is an opportunity especially for you!
What are we looking for?
• Three years of clerical/secretarial experience that included: two years at a full performance level performing typing, word processing, or other generation of documents AND lead work responsibility or coordination of office procedures. (Courses or training in Office Occupations or Office Technology may be substituted for up to one year of the clerical/secretarial experience.)
• Experience reviewing and triaging emails, phone messages and appointment requests for multiple managers.
• Experience providing administrative support for program operations, managers and staff
• Experience coordinating, tracking and compiling grant applications and supporting documentation
• Experience assisting with recruitment activities, processing personnel paperwork and preparing orientation materials for new hires
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Smartsheet and SharePoint applications in support of an office or program
• Experience providing desktop user support and assistance for managers and staff
• Experience coordinating, tracking and completing multiple tasks and projects at one time
• Experience working with a team and sharing duties on an equitable basis
• Experience maintaining strict confidentiality standards
• Experience planning meetings and activities by scheduling rooms and equipment, creating agendas, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and following-up and reporting out on the progress of activities and decisions made
• Experience with project management
• Experience promoting a culturally responsive and diverse work environment
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the “Apply” link above and complete the online application and all supplemental questions: