Post Date: 07/19/2019
Close Date: 08/31/2019
Would you like a full-time job with lots of time off each week? Would you like to make a difference every day?
Then UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you! UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re one of the top 100 Non-profit Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a full-time caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support a young woman who experiences developmental disabilities. She is a friendly, sweet, and social person who lives in an apartment, near Clackamas Community College’s campus in Oregon City.
You'll work one shift per week totaling 38 hours: 7pm on Tuesday to 9am on Thursday. You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
You’ll spend part of your time doing fun activities at home, such as watching movies, listening to music, reading young adult novels and Disney princess books, chatting, and playing board games. You’ll also do fun activities in the community, such as going to musicals, concerts, and church events and dances.
She also needs assistance as she takes medications, and as she deals with emotional challenges. You’ll also help her build independence in areas such as bathing, dressing, cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, and budgeting.
• To meet the client's personal privacy needs, female applicants will be given preference.
• Due to health issues, she is unable to work with anyone who smokes.
• This position involves overnight work, but you will be able to sleep when she does, often sleeping uninterrupted through the night.
• $12.50 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Be able to transport her in your car: be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a reliable personal vehicle, a valid driver’s license, at least 3 years’ driving experience, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Experience in the developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Friendly Young Woman (Oregon City)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/CE51D52AD0