Post Date: 05/07/2019
Close Date: 06/07/2019
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt is seeking a Records Clerk to work in the Portland office.
Under the supervision of the Records Manager, the successful candidate will provide staff assistance in the Records Department by performing file maintenance and updating file records, as well as recording retention and file closure. The Records Clerk performs data entry and general clerical duties required in the operation of the Records Department.
• Works on client files in Records Department by creating and distributing new files at request of attorneys or secretaries; closes files according to the firm’s retention policies and procedures.
• Performs data entry work by updating information on client-matter files and deleting outdated records where appropriate; verifies accuracy of data entry by comparing computerized output to source documents; transcribes and updates information from other sources to computerized records.
• Processes automated and manual client intake and records forms; assigns client and matter numbers.
• Performs other duties as required including, but not limited to: maintenance of will safes, organization of file banks, maintenance of statistics and logs, assisting attorneys and secretaries by responding to telephone and e-mail inquiries.
• Operates various types of office equipment including laser printers, color label printers, photocopier, and fax machine.
Additional skills include:
• Possesses the interpersonal skills necessary to communicate with a diverse group of attorneys and staff, and to handle all dealings with professionalism, courtesy, and tact.
• Reading and comprehension skills of a high school graduate are required. Ability to file correspondence, data, and legal documents accurately and systematically in accordance with department procedures. Ability to enter data and text using a standard computer keyboard. Ability to learn software database programs. Ability to cooperate with co-workers in accomplishing the goals and deadlines of the department.
• Ability to retrieve and distribute materials weighing up to 35 pounds and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves 8 feet high (using step stool) in aisles which are 27.5 inches wide.
A high school diploma (or equivalent) is required. Two years of responsible and verifiable work experience in general office or clerical environment. An equivalent combination of experience and training that insures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above.
Interest and qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Karole Kellam, Records Manager, at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment, offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law.